Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

I would like to see some screenshots of the product WITHOUT vector and WITHOUT FSPilots global mesh. 

I am sticking with UTX Europe due to much more reliable and correct vector data and I use FSGenesis Mesh so I see no need to buy the  global mesh.

They state in the ORBX forum you need those two products which as stated above I'm not about to spend that kind of money.  If I can buy just the $40 landclass that would be great.

So if anybody runs a similar setup that would be kind enough to show some pics.

Thanks.

Sean Green

Global  investment is starting to pay off. Just look at the new PNG screenshots from the simmers themselves, its beyond stunning! So they will keep expanding the new airport/Global idea and that's worth global alone and then you have free upgrades and now Landclass.

I don't have Global yet as I have all the regions but as a simmer for life it offers to much not to have it..

I think it is good for those who have a bare bones FSX. As I have GEX etc, it would be a very costly exercise

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Global  investment is starting to pay off. Just look at the new PNG screenshots from the simmers themselves, its beyond stunning! So they will keep expanding the new airport/Global idea and that's worth global alone and then you have free upgrades and now Landclass.

I don't have Global yet as I have all the regions but as a simmer for life it offers to much not to have it..

new PNG screenshots what are you referring to ?

Rich Sennett

I will only buy euro - us - canada - have my high res fsgenesis ,mesh

As you already have Global Rich, it won't seem so costly. And of course you can choose which regions to have.

new PNG screenshots what are you referring to ?

This http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80858-ftx-pi-aypy-jacksons-international-airport-released/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Rich, IE11 is giving me problems pasting. Papua New Guinea on the ORBX website, you didn't know?

ZORAN

As you already have Global Rich, it won't seem so costly. And of course you can choose which regions to have.

This http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80858-ftx-pi-aypy-jacksons-international-airport-released/

Rich, IE11 is giving me problems pasting. Papua New Guinea on the ORBX website, you didn't know?

Thank you Guys - yes well aware of all Their products just didnt get that - now I do - many of these small regions are not my thing - I dig the large airports - glad they are not making many of those or I would have to rob a bank lol

Rich Sennett

What Orbx recommend

Global =100.00

Vector =60.00

FS Global Mesh =90.00

EU LC 40.00

USA 40.00

Asia  40.00

Africa  40.00

Canada 40.00

Oceania 40.00

Grand total 490.00

About the cost of a few flights in a real Cessna. This hobby is expensive. You aren't forced to buy anything.

And we aren't restricted from having an opinion either.. So tired of the "you aren't forced to buy it" defense.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

About the cost of a few flights in a real Cessna. This hobby is expensive. You aren't forced to buy anything.

Please point to where I said you are forced to buy it ? Only giving a price breakdown for those who may have a vanilla fsx and would like to go to the next step. I already have a ground texture product and UTX as well as Scenery Tech.

For some starting out, it is cost effective.

I have been a simmer long enough to know what i deem expensive.

You joined 8 days ago, but your posts pop up all around the Avsim forums  like you have been around quite a while.

So i can assume you have been a simmer yourself for a while. So, don't say I said something that i did not.

Wow so much negativity!

Personally I welcome OpenLC Europe and the whole FTX Global ethos. They could have done all layers region by region à la UTX but chose to roll it out this way, which I understand doesn't suit everybody. On the other hand FTX Global Base (and Vector too for that matter) has already transformed my flight simming experience so I feel confident buying into this. Looking forward to flying over a Europe without repetitive texture patterns and that generic look that has always plagued FSX and most other flight sims.

Just to add something to my previous post: I don't know if the prices are too high. They certainly are becoming heavy for my pocket. That's all.

But depending on the quality of the product I would pay... that's why it would be cool to see some comparison shots.

Hmmm. I have been so preoccupied with the 777-300ER release I forgot this existed. $20 would have been a no brainer but $40 makes me wonder if I truly need it.

Hmmm. I have been so preoccupied with the 777-300ER release I forgot this existed. $20 would have been a no brainer but $40 makes me wonder if I truly need it.

Same here. 

Europe is already cool in my FSX.

Maybe an OpenLC for Africa, South America or Asia would make me think differently.

Just to add something to my previous post: I don't know if the prices are too high. They certainly are becoming heavy for my pocket. That's all.

But depending on the quality of the product I would pay... that's why it would be cool to see some comparison shots.

I think some of if comes down to exchange rate, going from Australia dollars to UK pounds does work in my favour at about $1.80aud to the pound works quite well for me so openlc eu is not expensive and global works out to be not that bad on its pricing as well.

Once I have fixed my pc I will buy eu as that is the only region I fly in now.

-Paul-