Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

Anyone else able to download this product? None of the download links on the order page appear to work now.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

They need to prove why it's worth the ridiculous price they are asking.  Throughout the history of FSX landclass has come and gone.. From free, to very fairly priced per what it covered. ie: SceneryTech = $19 for Europe.

Orbx seems to have a "It's us, so just pay more" philosophy.  No doubt they are good at what they do but that doesn't mean they don't have to actually sell me first.. $40 landclass that only consists of Europe is insanity. Especially when it requires a $100 purchase first.

Get the heck out of here.. 

Its landclass with GB's of custom textures and PR areas. Check out the product page and screenshots. All the info you need is there.

IMHO this transforms Europe into 'almost' a full FTX region

Downloaded 3 of 4 parts now, waiting on the last one. My first flight will be from Budapest to Bergamo, taking in four countries.

I will post some screenshots this evening.

Downloaded 3 of 4 parts now, waiting on the last one. My first flight will be from Budapest to Bergamo, taking in four countries.

I will post some screenshots this evening.

Sounds good post them up - thanks

Rich Sennett

Not sure I'll bother with this. Already have the FTX England, Wales and Scotland areas along with FTX Global coupled with UTX Europe. If I were to get this I'd have to also get FTX Vector too! All adds up I'm afraid. Only fly in Europe so no need for a global vector product and then buying landclass for EU.

Not sure I'll bother with this. Already have the FTX England, Wales and Scotland areas along with FTX Global coupled with UTX Europe. If I were to get this I'd have to also get FTX Vector too! All adds up I'm afraid. Only fly in Europe so no need for a global vector product and then buying landclass for EU.

I would sure appreciate some comparison shots of FTX Global and FTX Global LC with (1) UTX and (2) FTX Vector.  By comparing these side by side shots, we can then make our own decisions about whether purchase of FTX Vector and/or FTX Global LC makes sense for us.

Well I purchased the EU landclass and I'm no ORBX fan (basically due to JV's lack of customer service skills) nothing against his team as they are wonderfully talented people.

But I am impressed with this product.  I'm using FSGensis Next mesh I purchased a few years back and it all looks very good and when NA landclass come out I see no need for purchasing any specialized regions (which I usually don't anyway) as this is like multiple regions for the price of one.  

I am very pleased by this product and I feel $40 was a fair price for this piece.  The only other ORBX product I own is Global so I'm not into ORBX like most here are but you can take my testimony or not.

Sean Green

Q: Does OpenLC 'require' Vector, or will I be missing features/capabilities of OpenLC if I don't have Vector? (I know things will not look the same without Vector, but does OpenLC specifically depend on it for any aspect of it's capability). Does Vector contain LandClass information?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Q: Does OpenLC 'require' Vector, or will I be missing features/capabilities of OpenLC if I don't have Vector? (I know things will not look the same without Vector, but does OpenLC specifically depend on it for any aspect of it's capability)

I don't use Vector and really don't see anything missing that much.  I think that is just a tactic to sell more of that product if you ask me.  I suppose for those that have it, it may improve it somewhat but it is not necessary at the moment to go spend $60 on it in my opinion.

Sean Green

Q: Does OpenLC 'require' Vector, or will I be missing features/capabilities of OpenLC if I don't have Vector? (I know things will not look the same without Vector, but does OpenLC specifically depend on it for any aspect of it's capability)

No is does not require vector but is highly recommended. You need FTX Global though.

I would sure appreciate some comparison shots of FTX Global and FTX Global LC with (1) UTX and (2) FTX Vector.  By comparing these side by side shots, we can then make our own decisions about whether purchase of FTX Vector and/or FTX Global LC makes sense for us.

I think that this video

will you give you a good idea of what to expect. It's from the openLC Iceland demo (only Iceland shown).

Nikos Pap

They need to prove why it's worth the ridiculous price they are asking.  Throughout the history of FSX landclass has come and gone.. From free, to very fairly priced per what it covered. ie: SceneryTech = $19 for Europe.

Orbx seems to have a "It's us, so just pay more" philosophy.  No doubt they are good at what they do but that doesn't mean they don't have to actually sell me first.. $40 landclass that only consists of Europe is insanity. Especially when it requires a $100 purchase first.

Get the heck out of here.. 

They don't have to prove anything here's the product here's the price...Don't want to pay that much then so be it nobody is insisting that you HAVE to have it.

Ok but how do you know this? Orbx prey on people who follow the "Orbx made it so it must be good, shutup and take my wallet" philosophy.  

My wallet is right [=] here..

Why is Orbx landclass better than the tons of free, and other payware landclass.

Sell me.. 

And go...

ORBX prey on people...seriously!. I don;t think ORBX have Stated that their product is better than anybody else's it's an alternative. Some will prefer it some will prefer the alternative 

I'm waiting for them to start selling addon sequels of their addons

"Orbx PNW for Orbx Global and Orbx Vector only!!"  No discount for previous PNW owners!! Pay us again!!

Why are you waiting I'm guessing you wouldn't go the ORBX route if they were giving it away

And we aren't restricted from having an opinion either.. So tired of the "you aren't forced to buy it" defense.

Not a defence it's a fact nobody is forcing you to do anything FS will work perfectly well without any ORBX products...you like you buy...you don't like (for whatever reason) don't buy simples! 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Not sure UTX will work with OpenLC? Not sure.

No is does not require vector but is highly recommended. You need FTX Global though.

Got that. I edited my post while you were responding. Do you know if Vector contains LC info?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Got that. I edited my post while you were responding. Do you know if Vector contains LC info?

No, Vector doesn't contain landclass data. It used to, but it was moved to openLC.