Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

Yes, both custom autogen and custom textures, as well as a photoreal area (Mt Vesuvius).

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

What are the findings on VAS useage? Is there a positive or negative change?
Does is replace the default LC or is it loaded as an addon layer?

And what about performance (FPS)? Is there an increase or decrease? 
I can imagine that OpenLC is way better optimized, compared to the default LC...

Thanks in advance!

Henk de Vries

You cant use them together you pick one or the other - thats how it works combining the two is impossible or maybe the hybrid mode works not sure as I do not have yet but plan on getting it tomorrow

It is really easy:

Option 1: Want to fly only inside an ORBX region (e.g. UK, Scotland, Wales), then select "Europe" in FTX Central and activate.

Option 2: Want to fly only outside the ORBX regions using openLC Europe, then select "Global" in FTX Central without ticking the "Hybrid Mode"

Option 3: Want to fly from or to an ORBX region (e.g. Frankfurt to London using ORBX UK and openLC EU), then select "Global" in FTX Central and tick "Hybrid Mode" before activating.

It's a bit confusing but not really complicated...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It is really easy:

Option 1: Want to fly only inside an ORBX region (e.g. UK, Scotland, Wales), then select "Europe" in FTX Central and activate.

Option 2: Want to fly only outside the ORBX regions using openLC Europe, then select "Global" in FTX Central without ticking the "Hybrid Mode"

Option 3: Want to fly from or to an ORBX region (e.g. Frankfurt to London using ORBX UK and openLC EU), then select "Global" in FTX Central and tick "Hybrid Mode" before activating.

Thanks Carlo that's the best explanation yet :)

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Right, now I am really confused - there is:

- FTX Global Base

- FTX Global Vector

- FTX Europe

- FTX PNW

- EU & NA Regions

- OpenLC Europe

- Open LC NA (not released)

So if I want to fly from US region to Europe region, how would I need to configure ORBX central to get full benefits?

And how if I fly from non-region to region location or non-region to non-region?

Thank you!

Really easy!  select GLOBAL then tick HYBRID and then forget about central, it will do everything automatically for you where ever you fly

ZORAN

Really easy!  select GLOBAL then tick HYBRID and then forget about central, it will do everything automatically for you where ever you fly

This is an option but that will not give you all the details within an ORBX region. So you are missing out a bit. And it costs fps. Has all been discussed quite extensively on the ORBX forum and here. So there is a value to FTX Central. Even though it is definitely not very user friendly...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I think you are right in what you say come to think of it. It depends on the "bit" and its value. I don't really notice any different but some small detail lost is okay with me as long as I can stay far away from that thing (central) :-)

ZORAN

It is really easy:

That's right, Carlito, but the 'complication' starts once you have installed Global OpenLC Europe. And that's what it's all about, isn't it..

From the Global OLC Europe manual, page 13 :

Scenario 3: If you intend to spend some time in an Orbx FTX Region without leaving

If you intend to spend some time flying within the boundaries of an Orbx FTX Region, for example Europe
(England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, etc.), then you can select to use Region Exclusive Mode
To use Region Exclusive Mode, simply select the FTX Region (in this example, Europe), then press Apply.

Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the
scenery.

openLC is a Global addon and works only with Global selected. Scenario 1, Scenario 2 or Scenario 4 are applicable where openLC is concerned.

Aka forget about Scenario 3....

Atleast that's what i'm reading...

cheers,

Jan

That's right, Carlito, but the 'complication' starts once you have installed Global OpenLC Europe.

Please explain. How does it get more complicated after installing OpenLC Europe? Like the global textures and vector it is a part of the FTX Global series. Only difference is that Orbx decided to devide their landclass packages in regions as opposed to the texture and vector packages.

Carlito really couldn't have explained anymore clearly. So read his post again.

I don't know if I understand correctly, but if you want to fly a scenario 3 just select the region of your choice. That's all!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

What are the findings on VAS useage? Is there a positive or negative change?

Very interested in this myself.

With Global, Vector and FTX England enabled i can basically fly around in the default Cessna for about 2 hours before OOM and heaven help me if i go near London.

Ian R Tyldesley

IMHO, this is a waste of money. For those of you looking for added realism in areas where FTX Global or the default scenery does a poor job (i.e. Lisbon but pretty much all of Southern Europe), you won't see any improvement. Give your money instead to PMDG.

Gil Ferreira

IMHO, this is a waste of money. For those of you looking for added realism in areas where FTX Global or the default scenery does a poor job (i.e. Lisbon but pretty much all of Southern Europe), you won't see any improvement. Give your money instead to PMDG.

Gil Ferreira

Gil Ferreira

So let me get this right. you're saying that OpenLC which is a scenery add-on is a waste of money and that if if we're looking for added realism we should buy a new aircraft?

excellent advice do you also sell bicycles to fish!

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png