Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

a small tip/reminder for when SP1 arrives

My two Saitek throttle quadrants, connected via FSUIPC to the PMDG777, have done just fine for a while now.

But lately I have been messing around with adapting a real B737 throttle quadrant to try to make it work with the 777.

When I connected it for the first time I had to experiment a little with FSUIPC to see how to best setup up the various axis.

After messing about long enough, all of a sudden the PMDG777 would not climb above 4000ft anymore.

It would not accelerate either. I was barely flying straight and level with FULL thrust, doeing about 220kt with 1 degrees pitch down attitude :-(

All wrong ofcourse.......sounds familiar?

Yes it does.....deleting the FSUIPC.ini fixed the problem :-)

We have seen this fix, for all kinds of problems, a lot in the first few months after the PMDG777 was released and it seems it can come back to mess with you a bit :-)

If I understand things correctly, SP1 will have some changes to the way thrust reverse works on the PMDG777. Maybe there are other controller related changes as well and so it is possible that a bit of tinkering with FSUIPC settings is required to make it all work.

So I figuered I'd post this as a little feminder.

If, when we install SP1 (hope it comes out soon), the 777 starts behaving crazy......try deleting the FSUIPC.ini so that a new, fresh .ini file is build upon next start of FSX. (you loose all your joystick settings, so take note of how you had things and/or make a backup of your old FSUIPC.ini file).

cheers.

EDIT:

Oh, and while we are at it.....dont install things while your PC is overclocked! (safe your clock settings, then reset the BIOS to default). Then turn your antivirus scanner and windows defender off and then install SP1. (and for Kyle......read the guide if one comes with SP1!)

Rob Robson

I understand things correctly, SP1 will have some changes to the way thrust reverse works on the PMDG777.
Where did you read this? Not doubting you, just curious.

Actually, that is not quite correct.

You can use FSUIPC to ASSIGN axis without any problems!

Pmdg777 intro guide page 27:

"The PMDG 777-200LR/F is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that we recommend that you do not calibrate your flight controllers through FSUIPC. We recommend that you use the driver/software that comes with your hardware."

Calibrate is not the same as assign!

I use FSUIPC to ASSIGN the various axis and then the signal (Axis throttle left for example) is send to FS directly (not to FSUIPC calibration).

I do NOT use FSUIPC to calibrate the controllers (leave the FSUIPC calibration fields empty).

So this way the controller driver (or in my case the Windows default game controller) is calibrating the controller.

For more info, please visit the FSUIPC forums or the FSUIPC guide as there are like a dozen ways to setup FSUIPC axis assignment and one of them allways works!

Rob Robson

(and for Kyle......read the guide if one comes with SP1!)

haha - it does, and part of it is in the General Forum sticky, so people have no excuses!  :P

I'm waiting for someone to flag the AUTOBRAKE indication.  Watch.  It'll happen.  This is me placing my bet.  Anyone have odds for me so I can gauge how much I want to risk???  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Not mentioned in the supplements.   :rolleyes:

It's not really supplemental (part of the new features, which is what the supplement is all about).  AUTOBRAKE is an RTM feature, though it's been "fixed."

Kyle Rodgers

Couldn't find it in the known issues thread, either. Guess I'll just wait for the updated intro doc then ...

It wasn't an issue raised to be "fixed" (which is why I used quotes around "fixed" earlier), so it's not going to be in the known issues thread.  It's not a new feature, so it's not going to be in the supplement section that was posted in the other 17July update thread (note that the supplement starts on page 151, or something like that...I wonder what is at the beginning of that document...)

So, as you noted, just wait for the new document.

Kyle Rodgers

It wasn't an issue raised to be "fixed" (which is why I used quotes around "fixed" earlier), so it's not going to be in the known issues thread.  It's not a new feature, so it's not going to be in the supplement section that was posted in the other 17July update thread (...)

Is this the kind of a quiz where I'm supposed to answer by asking a question?   :P  :lol:  

Is this the kind of a quiz where I'm supposed to answer by asking a question?   :P  :lol:  

haha - nope.

(What you're reading is the tail end of the Intro Manual, btw).

Kyle Rodgers

I have a few concerns about SP1:

1. Will I have to download and re-install my liveries again?

2. I want the radar feature - Should I install Active Sky before SP1 or do it later - or it doesn't matter.

3.  I also have REX.  Will the weather feature conflict with Active Sky.  On initial boot up, I get the REX screen.  On the initial REX WASys screen, do I just hit the "TURN OFF" button

4. If I need to delete the FSUIPC.ini file, do I need to replace it? or does it re-build itself?

5.  I was getting the -300 for the camera feature and the weather feature, but if SP1 adds it to the -200, will the 300 have anything cool that the -200 won't have?

Paul Gugliotta