Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

a small tip/reminder for when SP1 arrives

I have a few concerns about SP1:

1. Will I have to download and re-install my liveries again?

2. I want the radar feature - Should I install Active Sky before SP1 or do it later - or it doesn't matter.

3.  I also have REX.  Will the weather feature conflict with Active Sky.  On initial boot up, I get the REX screen.  On the initial REX WASys screen, do I just hit the "TURN OFF" button

4. If I need to delete the FSUIPC.ini file, do I need to replace it? or does it re-build itself?

5.  I was getting the -300 for the camera feature and the weather feature, but if SP1 adds it to the -200, will the 300 have anything cool that the -200 won't have?

1. No

2. Doesn't matter, but I'd suggest you have it installed before SP1.

3. Active Sky next takes control over any other weather engine that you use.

4. Yes IIRC

5. The taxi cameras, a longer fuselage to smack the ground when you try to rotate the aircraft on takeoff. Its heavier, doesn't have as much range as the 200LR. Its still more popular than the 200LR. Oh and yes, the weather radar is added to the 200LR.

Hope I answered these correctly.

I am not an expert but I think I know the answers

1. There is an option to back up your liveries I think in the operations center, someone at pmdg mentioned this.

2. doesn't matter, make sure you are buying Active Sky Next and you get the update from their website

3. You don't run rex just start ASN then FSX directly

4. Don't do anything with fsuipc if you have not assigned any axis through fsuipc

5. SP doesn't add the camera to the 200 I don't think, since the LR does not have this option, it is only because the 300er is bigger.