Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

Serious Display Driver Failures/Need Help - PMDG Please Read?

My nvidia drivers 340.43 and now 340.44 beta are failing. Before this happened I got a blue screen while running fsx with the pmdg 777 while I was on a runway. I noticed the FPS was lower than ever so I really couldn't understand, they went from not dropping below 25 to 15. I had installed ftx recently but was running fine at first. I also had utx running so I thought it was some incompatibility issue and/or because I activated the north american region of ftx after having the global one while having the ftx demo region active. So in any case I uninstalled everything related to fsx and fsx and reinstalled in the same way except utx. So when I start running fsx everything is running so smooth and with higher fps averages than before so I was impressed. However after I start a flight and am cruising in the 777 using a va tracking system called ACARS (not as before where I wasn't using it), the display failure happens again and fsx freezes so I have to close it. Then I install the 340.44 driver, re-apply the nvidia inspector settings I had (forgot to do it earlier) and it runs even smoother, but again after a few minutes the same failure occurs!

Also I left the CFG default except the highmemfix, bufferpools, and texture resolution when before I had bojotes tweakings.

I am going to see if it happens with the 737 but I bet it will, I mean why not, nothing has changed about the 777 right? Or could this be due to preliminary SP1 changes thru the operations center?

Why did you start two threads about the same issue ?

Anyway, I would suggest you visit the Avsim CTD. BTW, a BSOD  (Blue Screen Of Death ) points to a hardware issue that you need to investigate.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

maybe there is an issue with your card? corrupt driver maybe? download a fresh driver (non beta) and dont apply any tweaks aside the highmemfix=1 and widescreen=true. you dont have any specs up or crash logs from your pc so we cant really help you more than that. also, make sure your drivers are up to date and you have all the latest updates from the programs pmdg requires to run.

Brand new beta video drivers and you reinstall the whole sim? Going back to the previous good working drivers would have probably worked and saved you a ton of work and frustration.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Brand new beta video drivers and you reinstall the whole sim? Going back to the previous good working drivers would have probably worked and saved you a ton of work and frustration.

Didn't work. Remember I got a blue scree, and those are scary.

Didn't work. Remember I got a blue scree, and those are scary.

Scary?  lol ok.    They can happen from time to time.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Scary?  lol ok.    They can happen from time to time.

Yes I know but what if its related to hardware failure or something? I can't afford a new anything. Also a guy claiming to be an ex hardware engineer for nvidia said that there is an architechtural fault related to the gpu that eventualy happens with every gpu from some date to or model to the current one when he posted, which was on 2011, and he said they developed a software to work arround this but they would never release it because it would prove their mistake and would start a mass lawsuit thing because not only it made the gpu fail, but it damaged the entire system, cpu, mobo, cooling, everything! :S

Also I am enjoying the 300er so much, I like it so much, but this thing is ruinning it :(