Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

aaaaaaahhhhh invalid hardware nvidia

had enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been flying about for a few hours and i receive this p"£$% of S"££ i have worked my &@($* off with this machine for 3 months and now i get this NVIDIA GRAPHICS ERROR and followed by a MSVCR80.DLL but i have heard the MSVCR80.DLL CTD is related to the graphics driver too. so what am i to do i up my driver to the 335.23 from the one i got from the disk which is 331.82  have i installed it wrong will i need to upgrade it to another newly driver from nvidia?

Invalid hardware or driver detected

this graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support. this product requires a geforce3/radeon8500 class or better graphics card

Vernon Howells

also is this duplicate ok in my appcrash 

LoadedModule[197]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCP90.dll
LoadedModule[198]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll

Vernon Howells

What is it with your pc Vernon? appears to be responsible for hundreds of support discussions. :smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Is it overclocked as I had this error to when I had an unstable overclock on cpu - also wonder if your gpu is fried - did you overclock it may have damaged it and it does not take much to damage it - I will never try that again.

Rich Sennett

the dupes can happen it's WinSxS. I would get this working in non OC mode first.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I don't know lol this nvidia error i keep getting from time to time i've just used driver sweeper and other steps and done a fresh install of my driver.

Only thing i have done to the GPU is MSI afterburner?

Vernon Howells

Sounds like he still has his i7 integrated graphics enabled in the BIOS. I know Vernon reset his ASUS BIOS to optimal settings. His on-board video card should have taken precedence though but it explains the Invalid Hardware or Driver detected.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim what does that mean lol will i have to change something again in BIOS...

Everything else is smooth just this hardware error and also is it true that the MSVCR80 crash can be related to the driver? I heard ng7378 mention it

Nvidia said this earlier

Really nothing you can do for this, plenty of older games all have this type of issue where they have a set list of graphics they detect, and show whether its supported or not. A few years later new graphics cards come up and the software cant correctly detect them because the software wasnt programed to detect them.

Basically nothing you need to change/fix on your end, its just a result of outdated software on the FSX side.

Vernon Howells

also is it true that the MSVCR80 crash can be related to the driver?

Totally impossible. The MSVCR80.dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 package. Why would NVIDIA use a 2005 Microsoft Visual for the installation of their software? Only applies to FSX/FSX Acceleration and maybe some really old fsx addons. Newer products are using later versions of the Microsoft Visuals. For instance, PMDG is using the 2010 and this might be upgraded by PMDG in the next update. NVIDIA is probably using the most current version of the Microsoft Visual.

How come you are not installing the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers? The latest version is 337.88. You need to go to the NVIDIA website and download the latest driver. You can also check Windows Update as that program will download the latest version as an option and ask you if you want to have it installed.

Let's see. You just reinstalled Windows and FSX as I recall. Did you download one of those Driver Scanners that scans your system for outdated drivers and, if any drivers are found outdated, it will offer to install them for you for a small price?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Very true thats what i just read. i got told to avoid the new drivers as they cause a few problems?

i have ran the driver scanner but not used it yet?

Vernon Howells