Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Malaysian 777 down in Ukraine

I think the big question should be, why are neutral commercial airlines flying over what is essentially a defacto war zone? Especially in an area, where there has been reported shoot downs of other (Ukrainian) aircraft within the last few days?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Basically we don't know anything yet ...

Well that's the most likely explanation, I highly doubt government forces would be stupid enough to shoot down a target without verifying what it is. Separatists on the other hand could very well do something insane like that. 

Separatists posted a statement saying they had shot down an Ukrainian government cargo plane just after MH17 went down. 

As before: PLEASE refrain from the stupid speculation game.

Everyone and their brother is jumping to make political hay of this for any purpose they can attach the event to, and we simply have NO idea what happened.  And, for reasons different from MH370, it may also be difficult to resolve (tribal warzone, anyone?).

https://twitter.com/StateOfUkraine/status/489802664264212480/photo/1

An Ukrainian separatist talking about how they shot down an Ukrainian cargo plane, at the same time when MH17 went down.

It's pretty obvious to me. Those incompetent fools thought they were shooting down an Ukrainian government cargo plane and hit MH17 instead. Russia is to be blamed too as they supply the rebels with such advanced AA technology. 

It's time for the west to intervene and stop this madness. By now I'm ready to support any anti-Russian sanctions whatsoever and I hope my country does the right thing by joining NATO.

Are you a member of the Finnish armed forces?

Though I would like to say what im really thinking, I'll just say for once I agree with John McCain!!!............. Why,why, why would you be routing over a militarized zone! The FAA banned flights over this area months ago!

Are you a member of the Finnish armed forces?

No I'm not. 

Well that's the most likely explanation, I highly doubt government forces would be stupid enough to shoot down a target without verifying what it is. Separatists on the other hand could very well do something insane like that. 

Separatists posted a statement saying they had shot down an Ukrainian government cargo plane just after MH17 went down. 

Governments have shot down passenger airplanes before. I advice you stop the rumors until we know what really happened. 

Apparently Virgin Atlantic have said that they will be re-routing all flights away from that area! 

No I'm not. 

Then you have no likelyhood have having to fight for your country - just expect someone to do it for you? 

Governments have shot down passenger airplanes before. I advice you stop the rumors until we know what really happened. 

The separatists don't have any aircraft, thus it's highly unlikely Ukrainian government would have shot down the aircraft. 

Not so sure about the Russian one though... 

This really shouldn't be here.

It wasn't appropriate for the Asiana flight.  It wasn't appropriate for the last Malaysia flight.  It's not appropriate now.

This is not a forum for political discussions...

Strongly agree.  Perhaps the forum mods could post the same warning that ED/DCS uses at the top of every page.

Then you have no likelyhood have having to fight for your country - just expect someone to do it for you? 

Yes, just like the big majority of your countrymen who don't belong to the military do. Our military is funded through taxes, including those of mine. 

That's irrelevant anyway, I don't get why you even asked.