Sign in to follow this  
rrwhaley

FMC Problem, for ORD

Hi All

Need help with this!

Flying the 772 (PMDG :-) ) to ORD, in the FMC, I kept getting  "KORD ERR: 10C RWY N/A" I am using FSDT KORD V2. No Stars, or RWY shows up, for ORD in the FMC. Not sure what causing this problems! This is not a issue flying the all the PMDG 737 NGX 9/8/7/6 version. Just this AC. Any help would be a great help!

Ron Whaley

AAL652

Hi All

Need help with this!

Flying the 772 (PMDG :-) ) to ORD, in the FMC, I kept getting  "KORD ERR: 10C RWY N/A" I am using FSDT KORD V2. No Stars, or RWY shows up, for ORD in the FMC. Not sure what causing this problems! This is not a issue flying the all the PMDG 737 NGX 9/8/7/6 version. Just this AC. Any help would be a great help!

Ron Whaley

AAL652

Hi Ron,

This could either be due to the fact that runway 10c hasn't been modelled or that your AIRAC cycle does not have information for that particular runway.Try updating your AIRAC,It should solve the problem.I think the newest version is 1403..

Hope this helps,

warm regards

H.Mahesh

Download and install the Navigraph PMDG cycle 1407 V2 airac data and it will take care of that problem.

DJ

I have the current Air Cycle (1407 V2)from navigraph! That what have me wondering!

if you go into the fsx menu and  select the starting aircraft location to KORD and then scroll down to the gates etc. does the drop down have 10L and 10C listed or just runway 10? also you could look at the map. and see if it is listed there as well. I don't think that FSDT Ohare v2 has the new rwys. 

No, the V2 release of the FSDT airport only has 10/28 and 9L/27R has been added.  It may be (I haven't checked) that if you turn off the option to use FSX frequencies for the ILS that the error might go away, or (and I have tested this) use the Aerosoft LIDO data which gives no error.

DJ 

I have no problems using the Navigraph data either, which leads me to believe that it is an options setting that can cause this problem - for example using the FSX localizer course or having RAAS enabled.  I have neither of those options set to 'ON'.

Not sure what causing this problems! This is not a issue flying the all the PMDG 737 NGX 9/8/7/6 version. Just this AC. Any help would be a great help!

I have this error to but mine states 04L instead of 10C. At the FSX Menu, when I select KORD, I have all of the runways showing. When I load any PMDG aircraft (they all use the same NavData) and open up the FMC and type in KORD, the error will immediately show up on the scratchpad. When I open the Dep/Arr page, there is nothing listed for KORD.... no Runways are listed and no SID/STARS are listed. I have gone back to earlier Navigraph AIRACS and the runway data appears but still no SID/STARS. If I list an arrival airport, say KSTL, and hit the Dep/Arr page in the FMC, it will show me all of the STARS and all of the Runways. The problem appears to be just KORD. I do have FSDT KORD installed but that cannot be the problem. I also ran Pete's MakeRunways program. Since it's not showing SID's too, I suspect there's a problem with that too.

Download and install the Navigraph PMDG cycle 1407 V2 airac data and it will take care of that problem.

I am using PMDG cycle 1408 V1 that was just released.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Go to your FSX install folder\PMDG\NAVDATA open the wpNavAPT.txt file in a text editor, I use win32pad. Do a find for -OHARE, replace all instances of -OHARE with CHICAGO-OHARE. Problem solved, for now.

Dave

Dave Paige

Do a find for -OHARE, replace all instances of -OHARE with CHICAGO-OHARE. Problem solved, for now.

This did not work for me -

PAc3y.jpg

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

KORD has no non-vectored SIDs.  As a consequence there are no SIDs in the navdata.  KORD's only SID is ORD8 which applies to all runways and essentially allows you to fly to the first waypoint of your route; it is a vectored SID and will not appear in navdata.  To cure your other error you must rename -OHARE as 'OHARE' or 'CHICAGO-OHARE' and realign the data on column 25 of the wpNavpt.txt file.  Having done that, if you have the T7 go to the FSX\PMDG\Navdata folder, remove ARPT_RWY.dat, and run makerwys.exe.  That should solve your problem.  If you don't care to do any of this simply wait a few days and rev 2 of the PMDG data should be released.

DJ

Go to your fsx main folder and find a little program called makerunways, run it and let us know if that works.

Thanks DJ and Bryan for your assistance.

I have run MakeRwys several times and it has not fixed the problem. I have removed ARPT_RWY.dat from the NAVDATA folder and then run MakeRwys and this has not fixed the problem. I did not see the suggestion to "realign the data on column 25 of the wpNavpt.txt file" but I see that should have been common sense on my part but I failed to do that. I use Notepad++ to make my edits and I should have clearly seen that the columns were not aligned properly. I made the edit and the problem is fixed. Wahoo!

As I stated earlier, I'm not concerned with SID's. I just needed a runway so that I could enter the runway in the FMC to take off or land.

Thanks again to both of you for your help!! It is appreciated.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

The wpNavAPT.txt file data is column sensitive. When you edit the -OHARE to full name make sure that the rest of the information to the right of first column lines up with rows above and below. Also, all white space must be space characters, no tabs or other characters allowed.

The best fix is to download V2 of the PMDG FMC data files from Navigraph.  I notice he changed the airport name to OHARE INTL dropping the leading hyphen which should work.

Dan Downs KCRP

The V2 files are now available at Navigraph - the OHARE error has been fixed.  It occurred because the source data was incorrect.

DJ