Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Connection issue on Networked Client

I have a server (FSX) PC and a client (ASN, etc.) Have been using this set-up for a long time and have not had any simconnect issues. However recently ASN has stopped seeing the simulator.

On Server

Simconnect.xml in Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX - Correctly set-up.

Simconnect.ini in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files

Have carried out the AITraffic test and result is positive.

Entry on DLL.xml for the ASN module is correct and its folder also shared.

On Client

Simconnect.cfg in My Documents folder.

Relevant Folders shared, port 500 opened on Firewall on both PCs. Checked ASN Registry entries on Client to ensure they are pointing to all the right locations and also checked that there is no registry entry for FSX on the client either. When carrying AITraffic test on Client DOS window opens, doesn't close down but nothing happens.

Both PCs have Simconnect version 10.0.61259.0 which is that which came with Acceleration SDK.

Don't know where else to look.  Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

See if the local IP address of the server has changed and still matches what you have entered in the config files.

Local IP address of server (192.168.0.10) has not changed. It's all really strange because ASN was working fine and then it all started halfway through a sim session when suddenly it couldn't find the simulator. This happened over 3 or 4 sessions, now it cannot find the simulator, period. Thinking of rebuilding the client which is due one.

Thanks Jim

I've also encountered this issue after a long trouble-free period. I've simply given up on the use of SimConnect in a networked environment;  SimConnect has to be the least user-friendly utility. I can easily and successfully run the following utilities in a network environment because they either don't use SimConnect to communicate with my flight simulator or can use WideFS: AivlaSoft EFB, Radar Contact, FlightSim Commander, FS Global Real Weather, Opus and Plan G.

I've reverted to using ASN, which is my preferred weather engine for both FSX and P3D, on the Server computer.

I wish developers would cease using SimConnect which continues to frustrate many flightsimmers.

JJ

Quick question, guys: I just obtained a 2nd computer to use as a client for FSX, and need to run most of Jean-Jacque's list of apps on the client (AivlaSoft EFB, Radar Contact, FlightSim Commander), and perhaps even Topcat and PFPX. I'll still run ASN on the host. Has anyone had any problems with moving the listed apps over to the client from the host?  By that, I mean licenses, keys, etc.?  I don't know how much of that will need to be reset if I move them over, but I expect that those apps cannot exist on both of my computers simultaneously without licensing issues.

Input?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've also encountered this issue after a long trouble-free period. I've simply given up on the use of SimConnect in a networked environment;  SimConnect has to be the least user-friendly utility. I can easily and successfully run the following utilities in a network environment because they either don't use SimConnect to communicate with my flight simulator or can use WideFS: AivlaSoft EFB, Radar Contact, FlightSim Commander, FS Global Real Weather, Opus and Plan G.

I've reverted to using ASN, which is my preferred weather engine for both FSX and P3D, on the Server computer.

I wish developers would cease using SimConnect which continues to frustrate many flightsimmers.

JJ

My apologies for responding to a dated post. However, I could not agree more with the above. I learn there are many, many folks that have spent countless hours, days and weeks attempting to resolve Simconnect issues without success. 

My apologies for responding to a dated post. However, I could not agree more with the above. I learn there are many, many folks that have spent countless hours, days and weeks attempting to resolve Simconnect issues without success.

Thanks for your thoughts. After upgrading my host computer this past summer, everything worked fine until a few weeks ago and have not gotten the network to work correctly since. Grrrr . . . So I'm back at square one trying to find the most useful guide(s) to assist me. As it stands now, PROATC's User Guide looks promissing. I should be able to devote the time required this week to solve the issue. I'll report on my progress (or lack of!).

JJ

Just to close the loop, couldn't find time for flightsim until now but yes I did manage to get things working again. I made the IP addresses of both the server and the client computers STATIC and used PROATC'S User Guide to steer me in the right direction.

May 2016 be a good year for everyone.

JJ