Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Open LC - Cannot download from any servers

Just a heads up and warning for anyone considering purchasing their new Open LC product.

I bought it this morning expecting an "instant download" (as advertised on FlightSimStore). Since then have been unable to download the product from any of their advertised servers.

So £21 down and no product. Will give it till tonight then request a chargeback.

Very poor customer service on their forums.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Hi,

I think that's quite harsh given the amount of work which went into this product and considering the prize. Just my personal opinion. Consider, they're already preparing the 1st service pack (and, no, there were no showstoppers reported as far as I know).

Download is going slow for me, too (not zero, just slow).This has been a highly anticipated product, and they did really care to populate a lot of nodes, but I guess any number of nodes wouldn't be enough.

In any case, I'd suggest using a download manager (I use GetRight) and try several of the nodes, usually at least one or two of them do work.

Or, just give them a couple of days and things will settle.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm waiting maybe through the weekend. There was a great build-up to this product, a lot of anticipation, much more than PMDG 777. I have found ORBX just great in support of

all types, recomend hang on to your order, give it a little time. The Orbx global scenery is finaly complete in the european area with this release, a lot riding on this for ORBX. Best regards.................Ray Rentschler

I picked up the LC yesterday a couple hours after getting the release email. Took 10 mins to download.

Having difficulties downloading for the couple days after release is not uncommon at all. The guys at the Flightsimstore will get it sorted pretty quickly most likely.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The Flightsim Store FTP's are broken, likely due to being completely overloaded. The Official Orbx Patch downloads are tossed as well, minus a few Google Drive links. Every time today I've attempted to DL a patch for Global, Vector, England or even the Libs was met with a corrupted Zip file or a file that failed to download in it's entirety. This is where the 7 P's come into place...

Then of course there's this nifty little message on the Google Drive DL for the Vector 1.15 patch... :mad:

QK302nj.png

Dl'ed all four parts of OpenLC today with no issues... I guess initial demand was very high, which may have led to some issues. The same thing happens with many online content delivery systems, and sometimes you have to show a little restraint, and wait a bit, instead of going on the warpath :rolleyes: ... FSS are fair and generous, and deserve more credit for what they provide and how they conduct themselves.