Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

LCD TVs

Guest TerryT

Do these new LCD TVs have enough resolution to run programs like FS2004? You would think that they might be quick enough now (reponse times)if they are being used in TVs.Another thing is that they come in larger sizes than "Computer Monitors" (except those over priced Apple monitors)Terry

Guest enave

The HD variaty do. I haven't actually seen a game on an LCD TV but a friend of mine has an HD Plasma TV and he plays quake on it. It looks pretty good.

Guest orenda635

I'm sure you could but LCD TVs are so expensive and they have their drawbacks compaired to CRT, Flatscreen, and Projection TVs. If you already have one, go and give it a try. You'll get a better picture if you use an S-Video to S-Video connection.BTW, thoes big Apple screens wont work on PC because they use a special connector. I think Panasonic or Pioneer has a widescreen LCD monitor for PC.

Guest TerryT

Yes they (TV) are expensive but so are the monitors and they are much smaller in size. You can buy an expensive adaptor to run a PC through an Apple screen but for the cost of the screen you could have a real nice large screen LCD TV or a good down payment on a plasma set. Looking at a plasma and a LCD side by side, the LCD beats the pants off a plasma, at least the ones I saw at the Gateway store here in ABQ.Terry

Guest orenda635

>Yes they (TV) are expensive but so are the monitors and they>are much smaller in size. You can buy an expensive adaptor to>run a PC through an Apple screen but for the cost of the>screen you could have a real nice large screen LCD TV or a>good down payment on a plasma set. >>Looking at a plasma and a LCD side by side, the LCD beats the>pants off a plasma, at least the ones I saw at the Gateway>store here in ABQ.>>Terry>I also would not recomend plasma for your computer. They way plasma is, stationary images such as a TV station's logo or your desktop can burn an image into the screen.

Guest TerryT

The plasma sets will have to improve big time before I consider buying one.Terry

If you're talking over-all use, the Plasma should be superior to the LCD, but very costly. LCD monitors have improved in quality and are less expensive, but they have some big drawbacks:-The more you increase the viewing angle, the dimmer the image-LCDs don't refresh very well - if you have a static image, they look great - if the image moves or you are watching something with a lot of action, you will get blur and smear-A regular CRT (though not thin), will still beat the pants off it and cost far less-However, LCDs will get better and better - it is estimated that by the close of this year they will be much sharper, greatly improved in lag (refresh time) and cost about $1,000 less than they do now.(Broadcast TV Producer)

Randall Rocke