Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

What airliner to buy

Guest ScottPilot

OK,I just recently built a new computer and I am finally able to run many of the payware aircraft ad-ons very nicely.Right now my favorite is the Flight 1 C441 conquest. I get FPS of around 35 - 38 in both the 2D and virtual cockpits.Now I am interested in purchasing an older airliner.I am interested in the Flight 1 Iron Knuckles DC-9 or the Dream Fleet B727.Does anyone have an opinion on which one they would like better?Does the DC-9 run well under FS9 since it was originally designed for FS2002?I really like the old DC-9 aircraft, but am leaning towards the 727.Any opinions on this are apprecaited!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - USAFA Instructor Pilot, Colorado Springs, COSystem Specs:AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 512 MB DDR400 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm RAID Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM 5.1 Audigy 2 ZS gammer 7.1 Channel Surround Sound 256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseWindows XP Pro SP2CH Products USB Yoke, Ruddr Pedals, Throttle Quadrant

Guest A321

Hi,Dream Fleet B727 is a fantastic plane, its simply wonderful.I would also Consider the levelD 767 if you want a truy modern airliner or the PMDG 737-NG Series, I cant say which is best between the 767 and the 737 as they are both supream players in the FS airliner world, and both tip the scales at the high end of the market place.Jason.

Scott,If you want an older airliner why not try the PSS Concorde? Overtakes Boeings and Airbuses faster than they move across the land!I've just flown from San Diego to Seattle in 1hr 23m - flight time; 1hr 37m - block time.And the aircraft is challenging enough to keep the most experienced pilot on his toes. Given the choice between a bog-standard family saloon or a state-of-the-art sports equivalent what would any red-blooded male choose? :-coolCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You're in big trouble Ray! :-eekYou flew from KSAN to KSEA at supersonic speeds and caused a barrage of broken windows, building structure failures, and other catastrophic events along your flight path. It was even reported that the Space Needle in Seattle now resembles the Leaning Tower of Pisa! :(If someone knocks on your door, do not answer it. It will probably be the Federal Aviation Administration cops with a warrant for your arrest for violating the rules of flight. }>Scotland Yard has been notified; extradition is imminent. :-lol-GeorgeM at 5B6P.S ...and they may confiscate your Concorde...

George George, ye of little faith :D:7 LOL! I took a lot of trouble to avoid built-up areas. My only omission was the large island off the coast of Los Angeles which I overflew just over the speed of sound. Sorry chaps! :-)Here's my flight plan. You'll see that I stayed off the coast for virtually all the flight. I didn't quite manage to get sub-sonic before crossing land SW of Seattle. Deduct one Brownie point for that ;-)Passport is to hand. Can I be extradited via Barbados please? ;-) I may need to stay there for a couple of weeks for therapy!waypoint.0=KSAN, A, N32* 44.01', W117* 11.38', +000013.12,waypoint.1=ADDEL, I, N32* 43.08', W117* 7.55', +000000.00,waypoint.2=OCN, V, N33* 14.44', W117* 25.06', +000000.00,waypoint.3=DOYLE, I, N33* 44.52', W118* 43.82', +000000.00,waypoint.4=35N22, I, N35* 0.00', W122* 0.00', +000000.00,waypoint.5=40N25, I, N40* 0.00', W125* 0.00', +000000.00,waypoint.6=45N25, I, N45* 0.00', W125* 0.00', +000000.00,waypoint.7=AST, V, N46* 9.70', W123* 52.82', +000000.00,waypoint.8=OLM, V, N46* 58.30', W122* 54.11', +000000.00,waypoint.9=KSEA, A, N47* 26.93', W122* 18.56', +000429.79,Great post George!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Hey Ray, watch out for F-16's on the way homeOn the airliner front, I would have two suggestions. If you like an older aircraft, which you HAVE to fly and one that has no computers and you must rely on your piloting skills and such, then the DF727 is the real deal . . . it's hard for most anything else to compare cause this puppy is just about as right as they come -- and yes, I' a bit biased LOL.If you want a modern, glass cockpit aircraft which is pretty spot on, althought will get an update after all the minor bugs are worked out, then it has to be the Level-D767 . .. what a beauty.Either one will add class and style to your hanger, Best,clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Scott,if you like old metal - Dreamfleet's 727 is the way to go. Buy it, try it, and hand-fly an ILS and only use thrust to adjust for the glideslope, no other aircraft (if you're looking for old airliner) does it as beautifully as DF's 727. Then after landing replay it and just listen to those stunning roaring sounds.....something else, I tell ya ;-)Also, check out their forum, you'll be surprised how many positive post you'll find, no bugs, ready to fly out of the box. Here's the link to their forum: http://forums.flightsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID4and DF's website: http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727/preview_home.htmlHave fun, she's worth every cent.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.66.81), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

"My only omission was the large island off the coast of Los Angeles which I overflew just over the speed of sound. Sorry chaps!"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......a confession to the crime; that's what we needed!As a result of damage from the sonic booms during your overflight of this island, the people of California wish to express their gratitude; they'll no longer have to travel to Norway to see fjords!Barbados? Yes. Your wish has been granted. You will be met at TBPB by the Governor General (he will have the shackles and ball-and-chain ready) and you will be transported to the luxury accomodations suite at Her Majesty's Prison, Glendiary, Station Hall, St. Michael. Stay as long as you like (the weather is great!).Please report back after your release. :DHave a good week-end, Ray.-G :-wave

Guest ScottPilot

Thanks everyone for your posts!I will give the DF 727 a try. I'm downloading the Flight 1 Installer right now!Thanks!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - Instructor Pilot USAFA, Colorado Springs, CO.

Guest B52Drivr

Scott,Take your time, read the manual, any problems DF has a great forum on the 727 and many of us are here to help if necessary. You'll be pleased with your choice and there are tons of free liveries in both the AVSIM and FS.com files.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hi George,I was thinking of the luxury suite at a top hotel actually. You do know there's a BA Concorde parked at Grantley Adams don't you? Putting temptation in my path again! I feel an escape coming on! :DNow where is it you live? :-hahA good weekend to you George. Definitely one thread out of the ordinary.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather