Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

What airliner to buy

Guest ScottPilot

Hi Paul, Clayton, and all who relied! Thanks for your responses, they helped.After flying the 727 for a few days now, I really do like it. The complexity of the aircraft makes it a much more realistic sim experience.Being a real pilot, I like aircraft that simulate real world operations the best. This means that you can't just get in it and fly without some preperation. It will take some time to run the checklists and become familiar with the systems, to get the most out of the aircraft simulation.For the casual flight simmer, the aircraft might be a bit more complicated (since you really need to read the manuals and use the checklists properly, which ads time to do the flight) so you can't just kick the tires and go, like you can with the default aircraft.Of course, I always start with a cold dark cockpit. That way I have to do everthing you would in the real aircraft to operate it.I am very happy with the frame rates (around 25-30) while using this aircraft on my system. I use multiple monitors, so I put most of the extra panels on monitor 2. The only panel that won't seem to open on monitor 2 is the flight engineer's station. That's to bad since it would make sense to have the FE's station available during the flight, without blocking the front-views. But this is not a real big deal.If I had to rank this aircraft on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being excellent, I would give it a 9.5.So, for the price of the aircraft, it is a must have ad-on in my opinion.Thank's Dreamfleet for another fine product!P.S. I also own the DF 737 and would love to see it motified for use in FS9. I keep FS2002 on my system primarly to be able to fly the DF 737.Happy Simming!Scott Heinz :-)ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in MISGamming System Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircraftWindows XP Pro SP2Home Network for using the Instructor StationFS9 Sliders maxed with other settings (except weather, kills the FPS) at their best quality positions.

Thanks for posting back Scott, and I'm glad you like it.Whilst the 727 is complete and surprisingly for some it seems, a bug free release, we have still not wrapped it up for release on CD. So watch out for the final version (well final for FS2004 anyway) as it has a few things in that'll stretch your smile :-hah http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding