Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Adventure Text Display (ADV) Setup not showing

Hi well i am very pleased with RC 4 i spent some time this morning changing keys for RC4 and to be honest it was for the good lol there all well constructed and laid out alot neater now :)

this addon compared to PFE is miles better easy to setup and well built good on the maker :) and lovingthe meatwater voice packs sounds so real lol

I am starting tutorial one and C S L OR  P isn't working 

Vernon Howells

basically my control shift  x buttons aren't working?

Provide a screenshot of your keyboard settings please. You can use Dropbox to store the image and use the image icon on avsim's reply message to show a link to it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

set them up as per your photo above?

also do you have to manually tune the transponder

Vernon Howells

If you can't (or won't) provide a screenshot then yes, please set them up the same as on my photo.

Don't worry about the transponder for now. Let's get the basics working.

When you've got your key settings like mine save them, exit RC and restart it.

Load a plan, set clearance frequency and press the keyboard button to hear your clearance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

yep done all that got cleared all the way to fl 290 how is easy is this compared to setting up PFE very strong addon :)

is there a way to allow my co pilot to select the options or do i have to do it?

Vernon Howells

Very good. It's easy when you follow instructions. :wink:  That's why so much effort was put into the manual and tutorials.

If you're going to use my settings then Ctrl+Shift+K (Co-pilot comm toggle) will assign comms to the co-pilot Otto. Press that combo again to get control back. You will still have to execute some commands yourself like ATIS and requesting Clearance. Refer to the manual and fly the tutorials - please!

As you now have things working make sure that when you start Ez Dok or other software requiring key strokes you don't assign any allocated to RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok i'm trying to use comm toggle but nothing happens does a message mean't come up showing its active?

Vernon Howells

Ok i'm trying to use comm toggle but nothing happens does a message mean't come up showing its active?

At what point are you using that command? Wait until you have been cleared for taxi to the runway. Don't use it before. You should hear "My comms" (from memory) when you hit the combo. No visible message. Make sure FSX has the focus.

If that still doesn't work then you have conflicting software. What else are you running? Stick to a default 737.

If you managed to get some of my keys working then they should all work. Only you know what you are doing. It's very difficult to diagnose a problem when you provide so little information. Try to be more helpful please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well i have tried it throughout ray you think i should change it back to the RC 4 default?

All menu option keys work..

How come i can't use my 737 ngx?

How come its such a big deal having keys conflicting won't it still work? Like it says in the manual if you have the G key assigned RC 4 will still work but the gear will be lowered etc?

Make sure FSX has the focus?

Vernon Howells

Well i have tried it throughout ray you think i should change it back to the RC 4 default?

Vernon, this is becoming exasperating. 3 hours ago you were happy with things. Now you ask that question! You haven't answered the question I asked two posts up? What specifically isn't working? Tell me what you're doing and at what point in your flight (on ground or in air).

All menu option keys work..

Then what is the problem?

I didn't say you can't but to get problems resolved we ask people to use a default aircraft. Once things are working with that by all means switch to another aircraft. There shouldn't be any problems because lots of people use the 737NGX.

How come its such a big deal having keys conflicting won't it still work? Like it says in the manual if you have the G key assigned RC 4 will still work but the gear will be lowered etc?

It makes no sense to assign the G key in RC because it will conflict with an FSX command (gear). That's why RC comes with defaults that should work for most users and after your earlier post those seemed to work for you.

If you can hear engine noise or FSX environment noises then it has the focus. I don't know what other software you're running but unless FSX has the focus when you press a key to interact with RC it won't receive that command.

If you have any further questions you must be specific about what stage you're at in the flight, what RC menu option are you trying to action and what the result was. Unless you provide those 3 pieces of info I or anyone else cannot help you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can use your NGX

But the NGX uses non standard coding so Radar Contact's copilot cannot manipulate the comms or auto pilot, I use the NGX with Radar Contact but I have Goflight radios and MCP which are a great help and I have no need to hand over comms to a copilot.

I also control Radar Contact by voice commands which makes the work load less.

If you need a copilot then FS2crew NGX version  is worth looking at as it has been coded to work with the NGX SDK

It makes sense to not have conflicting key assignments, one program may get in the way of another using the same keys, there are enough free key combinations available and a whole load more if you clear out some of the FSX default keys, why make things harder than they need to be ?

The Radar Contact window will not receive the key presses if the FSX window does not have focus, if you run in windowed mode and move the mouse outside the FSX screen, this is true of any program

I

Right only commands that don't work like i mentioned is the C / S ... Buttons the rest like press 1 for clearance and tune to dept or centre etc all work.

I have fs2crew!

My question about co pilot controlling everything is it like PFE where the co pilot does everything or do you have still press 1 etc to contact and ask for clearance etc?

I'm going to get go flight gear soon mad dog adds more realism tunning comms.

Does the co pilot auto tunes the transponder like PFE ....

Maddog what package do you you's to speak to RC

Vernon Howells

Vernon,

Does FS2Crew use keyboard commands? If so, don't run it. It sounds like it's interfering with RC. I did ask that you not run any other software until we get RC working.

The co-pilot is there to acknowledge instructions and to make contact with the next centre. He will NOT request Clearance or push back. You do those yourself. It's all in the manual. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to teach you how to use RC. That's why we produced the manual. I'm here purely to get your keyboard commands working.

You can help yourself by not running FS2Crew. If CTRL+Shift commands then work then obviously FS2Crew is impacting on RC.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather