Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Installed ORBX Europe OpenLC into P3D....

...just installed

...just defragged

...saw the file count at around 8,404 new files....

(and I believe this brings (shhhhh...shhhhh....) ORBX-G to the latest version of Global X.(x)    :ph34r:

They don't say that any OpenLC product will upgrade ORBX-G...but those files...those names of the files.... yeah...c'mon....

ORBX...you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sneaky cool..... :)

About to fire up an airport in Berlin....and explore the new...and cool....Germany...

Lockheed Martin and ORBX....two partners....may the dance never end!

See ya....Germany awaits....  :P

Post Edit...    just took off from Berlin....and all I gotta say..is:  "ORBX....you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BAD!!!!!   Bad boys, man...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Here's six (6)  shots at around 7,000, down to 2,800 for the last three AGL...just leaving the airport behind us....:

Look at the forest detail...with ground cover beneath it....fabulous! The shots were taken at 1,800 feet AGL:

Post Edit 2:  Just wanted to mention....VECTOR comes totally alive with the OpenLC layer installed...  To put it another way...if you had VECTOR running in a non-OpenLC installed ORBX-G environment...the analogy would be that in this setting you had roads/features set out of 10, to the setting of (1).  With Vector steaming along under a full OpenLC layer...you have the setting at (10).  Ok...back to the flight....like I said..it's gonna be a long and very enjoyable night....

Post Edit 3 and final:  I have been flying around the outskirts of Berlin, Germany for about 15 minutes since the initial install, and here are my FPS performance findings. If you track down my published .cfg file, here in this forum on another post...you will see what my comments will come under.  Since installing Europe OpenLC, and with my published .cfg file to show how I have the sim set up...the levels of detail, etc...I am getting no less than 14 in very highly detailed-out-to-the-horizon URBAN (Berlin in this case..), and once I start to enter RURAL territory, I will climb back up to my average-normal, 27-30 (locked) FPS.  This is incredible, since your detail level, has gone clear through the roof!  So...the worst case for eye-ball blowing detail in cities, with lots of new objects...is totally usable at 14 FPS...and can go higher anywhere in that eye-ball mix...as you meander your new virtual world.  This is a fabulous product...and can't wait for North America, and then South America.   Next flight...are the Alps...! :)   Life .....is good!

Just flown from LOWI ,it is Brilliant,all that detail,i don't know if it is accurate,but it sure look,s good

peter

Just flown from LOWI ,it is Brilliant,all that detail,i don't know if it is accurate,but it sure look,s good

peter

You bet!   Clearing out of Berlin...and heading into the country....climbed to around 7,000 AGL for a look around..and now will drop to my usual VFR of 2,800 AGL.  WOW....I have the sim at the same high visual levels as before the install...and in climbing out of a very featured packed Berlin....LOVE THOSE TOWN HOUSES!....I show about 14-18 FPS..and then settle into the 20's with no sweat as I clear the heavy urban...for some rural rubber-necking.  I have absolutely no FPS complaints...none!   P3D 2.2 can handle 14 FPS...without any chunk...and the detail....H.S.!

VERY HAPPY CAMPER....now..back to the flight...it's gonna be a 'Honey...please slide my dinner under the door....' night....

They don't say that any OpenLC product will upgrade ORBX-G...but those files...those names of the files.... yeah...c'mon....

ORBX...you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sneaky cool..... :)

I always enjoy reading your posts, you put so much enthusiasm into them.  

However, I have no idea what you just said above.  Are you saying that if I were to just get OpenLC files directly that they are the same as the Orbx files?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I always enjoy reading your posts, you put so much enthusiasm into them.  

However, I have no idea what you just said above.  Are you saying that if I were to just get OpenLC files directly that they are the same as the Orbx files?

No...you need (as stated by ORBX) the base ORBX Global product.  What I mean..is that by applying the Europe Open LC product layer...it TOTALLY transforms the base product.  You need the base...and then, as you can see by my screen shots...it will heap on...detail that would NOT be present in merely the base Global product.  It is like, to those that already have Global 1.20....a completely new virtual world...  This was SO WORTH the cost to purchase.   H.S.!  :)  Vector also gets a massive shot-in-the arm, by applying this layer.  It's like  you get 'three' upgrades, by applying one product of the Three Musketeers, after you already had Global and Vector pre-installed, prior to adding this Open LC product layer..... .

My 'sneaky cool' comment alludes that with adding an OpenLC product to Global...you are getting truly, a very updated 'version' of Global.  I'm sorry, if I confused you. I hope this explanation puts that to rest. :)

Nice shots, Sesquashtoo. You've become quite the screenie demon, of late.  ;o) Keep em coming, Sir. Your screen shots, and enthusiasm, as infectious as it is, may be just the boost I need to open my pocketbook for Orbx once more. Thanx.

regards, Jazz

If you want to try some VFR heaven, try taking off from Thun, Switzerland and then flying southeast over the Thunersee and following the bodies of water.

Absolutely stunning!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

North America is next!!!!!!!

(rubbing hands and drooling...)  

"Let the North American Games...begin!"

I'm sold...hook in mouth, sold.......

If you want to try some VFR heaven, try taking off from Thun, Switzerland and then flying southeast over the Thunersee and following the bodies of water.

Absolutely stunning!

Pmanhart..."...it's going to be a sleepless night....I just hope the Missus, doesn't come into the Den....shut down the 'pute...and grab me for a co-habitating; snug-and-cuddle bed-warmer, amongst other things...(smile).  I usually have no problem with that, LOL...but tonight....er..ah..."I dunno,...I mean..er...Europe is a big land mass...."...... :ph34r:

Nice shots, Sesquashtoo. You've become quite the screenie demon, of late.  ;o) Keep em coming, Sir. Your screen shots, and enthusiasm, as infectious as it is, may be just the boost I need to open my pocketbook for Orbx once more. Thanx.

regards, Jazz

"Glad that you enjoyed them.  Jazz...this is a no-brainer wallet-opener.  The value added to your hobby is ten fold, by adding this product.  Gawd...did I just type a commercial?!?!?!?!?"    :blink:

Good luck downloading this.  Apparently the Flightsim Store servers crashed.   Nobody can get it downloaded now...I know Im stuck with one file downloaded, 2 at 70% and one I cant get at all.  

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Exceptional Sesquashtoo.

I notice your water is brilliant blue.  Is this with P3Dv2?  And do you have FSWC to adjust your water shading?  Or does FSWC not work in P3D?

Near CAM3

Exceptional Sesquashtoo.

I notice your water is brilliant blue.  Is this with P3Dv2?  And do you have FSWC to adjust your water shading?  Or does FSWC not work in P3D?

Brian, my water in any given shot is governed by the sun, angle-of-attack, time of day, water density and depth, etc...I could fly from a different angle..and the same body of water could be muted. I also run with a Dynamic Contrast Algorithm, that also plays in what I see, and will be captured in a screen shot.  It is live..and on the very next frame, the water color could alter...again, in live time. That is why I love it so much...  Also, the water masks...is partly due to the REX water color textures set I chose. I have it as Medium.

Glad that you are enjoying my shots....

Mitch 

Added Zurich, Switzerland with Europe OpenLC, Global, Vector:

Holland at Dawn:

I see Mitch.

Near CAM3