Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Installed ORBX Europe OpenLC into P3D....

There seems to be a lot of emotion attached to this post. Ain't passion grand :) I thought I'd actually check prices for the competitive brands. There will be inaccuracies due to exchange rates and I don't have a degree in math; But here goes:

-UTX, GSX, FSGensis for the world...about 375 dollars US

-GTX Global Base, Vector and FS Pilots mesh...about 265 dollars Australian or about 245 dollars US

-if you consider Open LC Europe about 39 dollars Australian or about 37 dollars US x 7 continents...that's bout 260 dollars US

-GTX total is roughly 505 dollars US

-this also assumes that UTX/GEX/FSGenesis covers all 7 continents. I don't know that they do.

So...we would be paying roughly a 130 dollar premium for FTX product.

Save the firestorm over my math and conversion mistakes. You have better things to do with your collective intellect. Rather, let's discuss the relative merits of the competing product. I realize that's subjective, but how much does PMDG charge for their planes? You decide who's product is the PMDG of scenery.

Yes, I have Orbx/FS Pilot product. But had I started simming 2 or 3 years before I did, it could just as well have been UTX, GEX and FSGenesis.

Maybe we could stop the nah, nah, nah, nah and have a civil discussion about the product. I'd like to know if I made the right decision, going with Orbx.

On the other hand...maybe when we occasionally come up for air and realize how much we've actually spent to blow our FPS down the toilet...we need to vent :)

Cheers!

After a lukewarm experience with GEX, UTX and a few FPS killing Aerosoft Mega-airports, I gave FTX PNW a spin based on recommendations. I almost immediately performed a clean reinstall of FSX and PNW, and haven't purchased or downloaded scenery from anyone but Orbx since. At this point, I am brand-loyal to them because of the passionate collection of talented artists, and the fact they update the products very often. The Orbx freeware airport list grows by the week and the payware airport addons are the best on the market - if you fly GA, low and slow, as I do.

Orbx provides a solution for the entire globe, and my sim is stable and smooth. Not much to complain about. 

and my sim is stable and smooth. Not much to complain about.
  +1 on this. Orbx do it right. The amount of detail meticulously placed in every product, has set the bar very high for other developers. While I do not own all of their products, just the ones for my home region, I do respect their efforts, and enjoy flying in the PNW/NRM region.  As for the comparision between GEX and Global, I prefer GEX for their earthier tones. Global has too much of a yellow tint, in their textures.

regards, Jazz.

Take a low and slow flight around the Dutch countryside in the Spring and it'll blow your socks off. The Tulip fields are brilliant.

Todd

Blown away as well! As a bonus, my fps have increased by ~ 5-10 fps over the base-Global. Anyone else notice this?

Wow, OpenLC is impressive ... Just a quick flight out of Popam ... kitchen sink installed (FTX Global, FTX EU, FTX Vector everything enabled, FTX OpenLC EU) and was surprised at how smooth it was ... 28-30 fps (lock at 30).

Agree with others, OpenLC seems to have improved performance in EU.

Videos to follow ... great work Orbx.

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds great.  Looking forward to the United States!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Take a low and slow flight around the Dutch countryside in the Spring and it'll blow your socks off. The Tulip fields are brilliant.

Todd

Can you please point me in the direction of the tulip fields. Is it best to takeoff from schipol and head east ? Or is there an airport closer to the fields.

Can you please point me in the direction of the tulip fields. Is it best to takeoff from schipol and head east ? Or is there an airport closer to the fields.

Nevermind.. found them. They are all over the area. Just have to make sure season is set to Spring.

2014-7-20_13-1-6-225.jpg

2014-7-20_13-8-35-71.jpg

2014-7-20_13-10-27-27.jpg