Sign in to follow this  
AlbacoreTunaMan

MS restarts the AOTD "replays"

If you were hoping to get more AOTD's made permanent, you can begin the weekly voting again.  After MS made their October Shutdown announcement, it seemed they had stopped replaying the daily aerocaches. Today they announced they would begin these again to give more of us a chance to collect ones we had missed.  Thanks MS.

Doing all they could for the community!

At least we can thank them for trying to keep the game alive!

I wonder if I can finally get that elusive #350?  We'll see. :lol:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I don`t know how long you have been away from MSFlight.

But the Daily Aerocaches and weekly voting were still ongoing since months.

The announcement they made now is that they are evaluating to make all AOTD`s available in one shot.

Where did you see that they are evaluating making all the AOTD's available at one time?  I haven't seen that announcement.  This is what's posted on the MSFlight site.

"Last week the regularly scheduled aerocache post was interrupted with news the servers for Flight would be shutting down on October 14, 2014. You can read the full story here. We will continue supporting the game to include updating the aerocaches each week until the server shut down occurs. Additionally, we are exploring the possibility of making more of the existing aerocaches permanently available in the remaining months for those players trying to collect them all."

It would be nice though if they did make them all available. That way anyone that was missing some would be able to see what they didn't have and would be able to collect them. We'll see.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks for the clarification.  And as far as the "exploring the possibility of making more caches permanent", I wonder if it's a technical challenge, or a political/business challenge?  I hope they do cause I'm stuck at 346!

Where did you see that they are evaluating making all the AOTD's available at one time?  I haven't seen that announcement.  This is what's posted on the MSFlight site.

"Last week the regularly scheduled aerocache post was interrupted with news the servers for Flight would be shutting down on October 14, 2014. You can read the full story here. We will continue supporting the game to include updating the aerocaches each week until the server shut down occurs. Additionally, we are exploring the possibility of making more of the existing aerocaches permanently available in the remaining months for those players trying to collect them all."

It would be nice though if they did make them all available. That way anyone that was missing some would be able to see what they didn't have and would be able to collect them. We'll see.

You have to follow all the discussions about this topic on the comments through the last year.

It was often requested to put them all online. But in the beginning they said it`s technically not possible, and now they say: we are exploring the possibility of making more of the existing aerocaches permanently available in the remaining months for those players trying to collect them all."

As all AOTD`s were already repeated the only step left is to make all available.

And it`s the first statement they do in this direction. I followed the MSFlight website regulary and read all news including comments from users and the community manager.

That still doesn't say they are contemplating releasing all the caches at one time.

"Additionally, we are exploring the possibility of making more of the existing aerocaches permanently available in the remaining months for those players trying to collect them all."

That's pretty clear.

I have seen the other discussions as you mentioned, but they still didn't say anything firm about releasing them all at once.

That would be great if they did, but who knows at this point.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor