Sign in to follow this  
max2770

Can you fly without coffee?

Honestly, if I don't make myself a nice little latte or cappucino, I can't fly.  Either I drink it during pre-flight or once in cruise, but I can't do without it.

Any little habits you can't fly without?

sig01.png

I CAN fly without coffee, but it makes a big difference to have a freshly made cup once we've reached the FLs  :wub:

It is 6 o'clock in the evening and I'm flying a QW 757 with United livery at FL380 from KATL to KIAH and I'm enjoying a nice latte that I just made. So YES coffee it's essential for flight simming

I have my strange little habits, used to love drinking a capuccino or basic coffee during late night flights as it really enhanced my mood as a pilot and being awake.

Even occasionally if I feel I want to have some fun I have some vodka during startup, pause during take off and resume during climb, cruise, and descent. Really enhances your feeling you're actually flying the airplane and amplifies your mood and relaxation so you really have patience for it not thinking about the worlds problems.

As for now I tend to do only day flights as I stopped drinking coffee due to the fact coffee is unhealthy... So only thing I can't fly without, are the charts and inflight meal ;)

I have my strange little habits, used to love drinking a capuccino or basic coffee during late night flights as it really enhanced my mood as a pilot and being awake.

Even occasionally if I feel I want to have some fun I have some vodka during startup, pause during take off and resume during climb, cruise, and descent. Really enhances your feeling you're actually flying the airplane and amplifies your mood and relaxation so you really have patience for it not thinking about the worlds problems.

As for now I tend to do only day flights as I stopped drinking coffee due to the fact coffee is unhealthy... So only thing I can't fly without, are the charts and inflight meal ;)

Hahahah... the vodka part cracked me up!  :lol:

It is 6 o'clock in the evening and I'm flying a QW 757 with United livery at FL380 from KATL to KIAH and I'm enjoying a nice latte that I just made. So YES coffee it's essential for flight simming

That sounds nice, man. Enjoy! 

I usually fly in the evening after work....and I'm sure to have a nice Pinot Noir right along side of me.  I hardly ever have an unsuccessful flight.  Red wine poured into the proper glassware is one of the joys of life!

Stan

I CAN fly without coffee, but it makes a big difference to have a freshly made cup once we've reached the FLs  :wub:

And something to read, thank goodness for online newspapers.

spacer.png

And something to read, thank goodness for online newspapers.

Absolutely! haha

A big cup of whiskey..so it doesn't hurt so bad

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Definitely need Jack Daniels or Jim Bean as my first officer! I'm flying a desk so no harm done :)  Used to invite Mary Jane along sometimes but now I live in the Middle east.

Rob Prest

NO COFFEE! = NO GO! :mad: You know come to think of it most galleys are behind the cockpit. Might stand to reason. Cpt. out.

Definitely need Jack Daniels or Jim Bean as my first officer! I'm flying a desk so no harm done :)  Used to invite Mary Jane along sometimes but now I live in the Middle east.

I'm quite sure you don't mean "Mary Jane" vodka which they sell here locally... Awful stuff with just terrible hangovers

Haha, no never tried that. Worse vodka I tried was imperial vodka. You go from sober to hangover with nothing in between!

Rob Prest

One hand on the bottle, one hand on the throttle! B) ....Yeah, coffee or a soda are always close by, as they would be in the real thing.

James McLees