Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Orbx Europe OpenLC LFMN screenshots and EFASS pic

Just wanted to post one of my favorite European places and show how it now looks before and after in Europe OpenLC.  Hopefully, others will post areas they are fond of so we can get an idea of the strengths, weaknesses and identify nice places to fly.  

Anyway, back when I got Global ( a couple of months after it came out), I did a small bit of flying in Europe.  (I've never been there IRL so you know.) One flight was from southern Germany to Cote d'Azur (LFMN).  I approached the airport from the mountains from the northeast and, as I was turning final, over the mountains, I looked down along the sides of mountains and coast and was like...woh.  I have to imagine that this is truly a beautiful area IRL.  I bought OpenLC to see what it could do to make it better.  First off, though, here's a picture of the area from EFASS so you can get an idea...

y3FAr8s.jpg

And, without commentary, here are some screenshots before and after (warning...large pics).

Sitting on 4L looking at the terminal.

Before...

PUcGFGz.jpg

After...

BvEax83.jpg

3000 feet over airport looking up the river...

Before...

ByfkTD1.jpg

After...

nLAecFn.jpg

Still over the airport looking northeast...

Before...

ERpHLbL.jpg

After...

awH1Rf2.jpg

I also flew up the coast to the Northeast after taking this.  Before OpenLC it was very barren of buildings/houses so I just avoided it.  Now, while it doesn't have as many as shown in EFASS (photoreal real-world pictures), it's far better...a nice flight and would make a flight along the coast to Italy much better.  I would like to see more houses and some more boats in all those marinas but, still, it's good.  Quite good.  I would have loved to fly to other areas to see how they look but the download for me took about 7 hours so, perhaps tomorrow.

I'd really like to get some opinions from others, especially those who live there and are familiar with the areas.  Looking forward to it.

And if Orbx is listening...LFMN would be a really nice airport for 'the treatment'.  

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks, Gregg! 

Just to make sure... you were using only the default landclass in the "before" screenshots? Or something else?

Just to make sure... you were using only the default landclass in the "before" screenshots? Or something else?

Correct.  I had Global and Vector...nothing else.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

That's not really a good comparison. A better comparison would be with a landclass product like Scenery Tech.

Perhaps someone that has a different product could post a shot.  I posted what I had and the overhead photo.

Gregg Seipp

Perhaps someone that has a different product could post a shot.  I posted what I had and the overhead photo.

I think that you had a fair before and after. You clearly show (as is my experience), a marked difference by ADDING the product, rather than the stand-alone Base Global.  A very noted add-on-content has been my universal experience since installing Europe OpenLC this morning.

I fly over Italy atm, and Iwould be curious to see how this fits in with my personal mix: UTX, FTX Global and SceneryTech. I'm very interested in purchasing!

Thanks for the post Gregg.  Very nice shots.  I can definitively see the improvement.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Most simmers have a landclass product already though, and a before and after works better when you show the difference.

It's not just landclass though.

OpenLC contains gigs of custom textures as well.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.