Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Things you should do before installing 777 SP1 - READ THIS!

I'm putting this up tonight so that (hopefully) people read it before the release tomorrow:

1. You need to run the OC before you install the update so that it backs up your livery entries. Run it again after you install and it'll restore them.

2. Updates are being pushed shortly to every 777 livery in the OC - these are required to get the full benefit of the new options and features. Make sure you install all the ones it asks you to.

3. You *MUST* uninstall any PMDG-made NGX or J41 liveries you have installed before you attempt to use the new OC Livery Downloader modules for these products. The old liveries from the website are not compatible with the OC's update process and you will have trouble if they stay there. Many of the liveries have been updated as well and you won't get notifications of those updates with the old website versions installed.

4. Old panel states and saved flights made with the RTM version of the airplane are *NOT* compatible with SP1. Delete them all - there are new panel states included that you can use to make your own new ones.

5. If you want to do a clean install, you can, but it is not necessary at all. Here is the procedure though if you'd like to start over totally fresh:

***DO NOT DO THIS if you do not have your original RTM installer backed up!!***

=========

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 777-200LR/F, follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

3. Manually delete the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder.

4. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects
    - You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder.

6. Reinstall from your RTM installer.

7. Install SP1.

8. Install the 300ER if you choose to purchase it.

6. After you install SP1 - *PLEASE* read the new Introduction and Use manual. We spent a ton of time updating this and explaining the new stuff. There are SP1 and 300ER Supplements near the end of the document and all of the PMDG-written manuals now have a clickable table of contents at the start so that you can more easily find things. If you only read one thing in the manual, go to page 15 - it contains the stuff that we consider to be crucial information.

Thanks everyone and we hope you enjoy the update and 300ER tomorrow!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan. Any word on the master changelist?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Damn! Knew it would release on the one day I have lots planned. Oh well, not to despair, I know what I will be doing on Sunday! Ha ha ha!!

Cheers Ryan, looking forward to it!

EDIT: Ryan - do those that opt for full re-install need to deactivate the aircraft via the FMC if installing on the same PC?

Will be installing Sunday evening. Thanks!

EDIT: Ryan - do those that opt for full re-install need to deactivate the aircraft via the FMC if installing on the same PC?

No, if you're just doing a reinstall on the same machine without changing anything else besides uninstalling it it should not ask for reactivation on the reinstall.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Damn! Knew it would release on the one day I have lots planned. Oh well, not to despair, I know what I will be doing on Sunday! Ha ha ha!!

Cheers Ryan, looking forward to it!

This is funny. The release for me is tonight or maybe tomorrow morning :P.. 

I can't wait for the 300ER. 

Thanks Ryan for the information. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

So excited :D

Just another noob question. Can someone explain to me their release is planned for Friday night at UTC +0 or Friday morning UTC+0?

Looking forward to the 300.  Ready and waiting :)

Doogie

Just get up  the next morning  and check the pmdg site, or if you really exicited  about  the release just sit next  to your pc  and hit  the refresh button every minute :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg