Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Things you should do before installing 777 SP1 - READ THIS!

4. Old panel states and saved flights made with the RTM version of the airplane are *NOT* compatible with SP1. Delete them all - there are new panel states included that you can use to make your own new ones.

If I have never used any other panel states or saved flights apart from the ones that come with the RTM version do I have to do anything?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Thank you very much for your explanations, Ryan.

Much appreciated. Now I have a clear view of what to do.

4. Old panel states and saved flights made with the RTM version of the airplane are *NOT* compatible with SP1. Delete them all - there are new panel states included that you can use to make your own new ones.

If I have never used any other panel states or saved flights apart from the ones that come with the RTM version do I have to do anything?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

So excited :D

Just another noob question. Can someone explain to me their release is planned for Friday night at UTC +0 or Friday morning UTC+0?

It will happen some time Friday during the day or evening USA time.

Please if someone could tell me how to restore the liveries installed. May be it has asked before but please tell me. I'm out of ideas. Does it need to be done with settings in oc.

Thankyou.

All you need to do is run the OC before you install the update - it automatically backs everything up. Then run it again after the update and it should prompt you to restore them.

We have to uninstall all PMDG made NGX and J41 liveries -  Does that include the actual PMDG house liveries?

I've got that many installed for the NGX, I'll be struggling to identify which are PMDG's and which aren't !

What about NGX liveries downloaded from AVSIM or from our VA (so non-PMDG-website NGX liveries). Is it safe to leave them installed or should they be uninstalled too 

You do not need to uninstall House Liveries (you can't actually) and you do not need to uninstall third party liveries - this is only referring to the PMDG-made liveries that are on our website that were originally installed via the NGX Livery Manager app.

Thanks

Greg

Nope, the SP1 update will put the SP1 compatible set in there for you. The only reason you'd need to delete any is if they're ones you made yourself.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

sound great! I followed all the steps and cleaned what is necessary, now my credit card is waiting  :BigGrin:

Jehad Hamdan

Thanks for the info, Ryan. Can't wait to experience the WX radar! :)

And tomorrow there's an update for Assetto Corsa.

This is going to be a good weekend...  :BigGrin:

Wow, are there more of us here!? I think the Lotus 98T is coming in the update tomorrow... Damn, that'll be fun to drive!

-Henrik

i7 9600K  -  RTX 2080  -  32gb DDR4  -  Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your pre-informations. Much appreciated.

I notice that the liveries for the 777 have been updated already in the OC.

Update them is only recommended after the SP1?

737 + J41 liveries have to be deleted too. Means we can download them after the update via the OC again? How about user created liveries for J41/737/777? They can't be installed again after the update? What changes have to be done there to install correctly?

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

I'd much appreciate if i don't have to send any supportemail to get the new complete installer link (inc. Sp1) into my pmdg account. (paid for extended DL service)

All you need to do is run the OC before you install the update - it automatically backs everything up. Then run it again after the update and it should prompt you to restore them.

thanks ryan.  waiting for 300er.

Thanks for the timely info, Ryan.  It makes for a good read.  :Star:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks for the info, Ryan. Can't wait to experience the WX radar! :)

Wow, are there more of us here!? I think the Lotus 98T is coming in the update tomorrow... Damn, that'll be fun to drive!

Yes, I drive AC as well, or better, I want to, but my computer does not really work well now...

Cannot figure out if it is mainboard or RAM related.

Oh well, if everything would be running fine it would keep the fun out of everything, right? :D

I will still buy the -300 though, then I have something to look forward to when my PC finally works :D

And the 98T... I have to get a move on :P

Noob question: Do i delete my panel states manually from the   D:\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState    folder or is there another, better, way ?

Just thought of something that might be helpful for all of us already up and about. I would recommend copying Ryan's post to notepad or Word or something of that nature so when the forum gets busy later you aren't waiting to view this post or trying to remember everything.