Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Things you should do before installing 777 SP1 - READ THIS!

I just deleted mine from panel state folder hope thats ok.??

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Nope, the SP1 update will put the SP1 compatible set in there for you. The only reason you'd need to delete any is if they're ones you made yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply Ryan and for all the information provided by you and the rest of the team.

Can user created liveries stay?

Thanks again

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

When Ryan says "Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.", he means to uninstall the PMDG T7 program ?

Thanks in advance,

All you need to do is run the OC before you install the update - it automatically backs everything up.

Does this mean a newer OC version will come with SP1 or a separate update?  The reason I ask is b/c the current OC does not backup.

the SP1 update will put the SP1 compatible set in there for you. The only reason you'd need to delete any is if they're ones you made yourself.

Does changing panel states saved with flights count as ones we made ourselves?  If not, we don't have to manually delete them first?  Also, does this mean we cannot re-load any of the panelstate saves after installing SP1?

Harry Sung

When Ryan says "Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.", he means to uninstall the PMDG T7 program ?

Yes. Like you uninstall any other software.

Noob question: Do i delete my panel states manually from the   D:\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState    folder or is there another, better, way ?

I think you can delete the panel states from FMC inside the PMDG 777. 

737 + J41 liveries have to be deleted too. Means we can download them after the update via the OC again? How about user created liveries for J41/737/777? They can't be installed again after the update? What changes have to be done there to install correctly?

As I understand it, only the liveries released through the PMDG website are affected as in future those liveries will be installed via the OC like the 777 ones. So if you dont uninstall them and re-install via the OC then you wont get any notifications of updates to those PMDG liveries.  Third party liveries are unaffected as you install those manually and not throught the OC.

Nice one Ryan/PMDG!

Looking forward to it!

Chris Howard

any news on the pricing of the expansion pack?

Hopefully, it will be in the same price range as the NGX expansion like they said.

I personally think this release should be held back a few weeks as a sign of respect.

I personally think this release should be held back a few weeks as a sign of respect.

Won't bring those poor folks back.

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

Philipp Schwaegerl

There is always that one person..

15-best-cat-memes-ever-meow-3283dd863e.j

cat memes are coming

regards,

Alexander Marx