Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Things you should do before installing 777 SP1 - READ THIS!

Am I to assume that for any of us that like a single install procedure i.e. Using a new installer that includes the SP, that the installer at the PMDG download centre will be the updated version (including SP1) as soon as SP1 is released?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The only reason you'd need to delete any is if they're ones you made yourself.

Hehe, I guess for a painter that's a given.  Well, I know all my paints are backed up here on Avsim.  :Big Grin:   

I can just reinstall them from the downloads page and check to make sure they are all looking like I intended when I uploaded them. (I should do that as part of my final QA, but I admit I don't  :blush:.  I rely on the community for that...they have no problem letting me know if I missed something  :LMAO:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Am I to assume that for any of us that like a single install procedure i.e. Using a new installer that includes the SP, that the installer at the PMDG download centre will be the updated version (including SP1) as soon as SP1 is released?

Yes  that's correct once the sp1  is released  the  link in your account will be updated  to the sp1  and once downloaded you don't  have to use the sp1 patch  to update if  this is  the way you chose  to go

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i deleted all my ngx liveries from the operations center accept the house liveries, left all my T7 liveries and don't have any custom panel states, is this ok?i haven't had any update push through the OC, i am new to pmdg and kind of confused.

Yes  that's correct once the sp1  is released  the  link in your account will be updated  to the sp1  and once downloaded you don't  have to use the sp1 patch  to update if  this is  the way you chose  to go

Great, Thanks a bunch.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I personally think this release should be held back a few weeks as a sign of respect.

(a)  Wont happen

(b)  I do not wish it to happen, because...

(c ) One event has nothing to do with the other

Regards.

spacer.png

We have to uninstall all PMDG made NGX and J41 liveries -  Does that include the actual PMDG house liveries?

Nope.  He's referring to any livery that you loaded via a separate installer for the livery only.

737 + J41 liveries have to be deleted too. Means we can download them after the update via the OC again?

Yep.

Do i delete my panel states manually from the D:\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState folder or is there another, better, way ?

Might as well just delete them there.  It's probably the simplest way of doing it.

When Ryan says "Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.", he means to uninstall the PMDG T7 program ?

He means "uninstall it from the Control Panel like you'd uninstall any other program," yes.

I personally think this release should be held back a few weeks as a sign of respect.

I fail to see how that would, in any way, be related to respect.

I'm always perplexed by the human psychological reaction to tragedy.  In some cases, it seems people remember incidents more because they think others want them to instead of doing it for their own purposes.

I was at Tech on April 16th.  I shouldn't be here posting this, but odd coincidences kept me away from where I usually was (the hallroom of Norris Hall) that morning.  I have no memorials, no stickers saying "in memory of," it's not in my forum signature, and no other conspicuous advertisements of my memory of that day.  There's no need for everyone to know that I remember them, or that I'm upset by their absence.

People were lost.  It's sad.  Remember them how you will, personally.  Live life.

Kyle Rodgers

By running the OC before the update/uninstalling PMDG liveries, does that also back up equipment option files? (I'll back them up manually regardless, but am curious if that will be handled also automatically.)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Agree, Kyle.

I don't understand some peoples' reactions to tragedy. But still, who am I to judge?

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have no memorials, no stickers saying "in memory of," it's not in my forum signature, and no other conspicuous advertisements of my memory of that day.

and I have no idea what day you're talking about, so all is well in the world.  

when will the oc update so i can put my ngx liveries back, i keep checking with no update, still says 1.61,and noone answered the question to deleting the default panel states,could someone answer this please.

Nope.  He's referring to any livery that you loaded via a separate installer for the livery only.

Yep.

Might as well just delete them there.  It's probably the simplest way of doing it.

He means "uninstall it from the Control Panel like you'd uninstall any other program," yes.

I fail to see how that would, in any way, be related to respect.

I'm always perplexed by the human psychological reaction to tragedy.  In some cases, it seems people remember incidents more because they think others want them to instead of doing it for their own purposes.

I was at Tech on April 16th.  I shouldn't be here posting this, but odd coincidences kept me away from where I usually was (the hallroom of Norris Hall) that morning.  I have no memorials, no stickers saying "in memory of," it's not in my forum signature, and no other conspicuous advertisements of my memory of that day.  There's no need for everyone to know that I remember them, or that I'm upset by their absence.

People were lost.  It's sad.  Remember them how you will, personally.  Live life.

Normally I don't react to this kind of post...

Well remember Kyle not everybody is the same or grown up in the same culture or country or language for that matter.

This is your personal opinion and I have respect for it, but it doesn't mean the whole world see it at the Kyle perspective ;-)

Every human will react psychological differently and with some understanding for each other... well the world should look so different then...

Hence maybe some will have relatives or friends on that particular flight, so you see Kyle all is relative with tragedy as is your whole life...

Does it mean I agree with the request, no I don't,  but I understand where someone is coming from

We Dutch lost 189 countrymen/women/children and it's one of the biggest aviation accident in our country history besides Tenerife.

So with respect to tragedy we see it through different eyes... (80 children on that flight)

Have fun gentlemen

André