Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Things you should do before installing 777 SP1 - READ THIS!

I'm always perplexed by the human psychological reaction to tragedy.  In some cases, it seems people remember incidents more because they think others want them to instead of doing it for their own purposes.

I believe that this is due to a systemic social value disconnection from the beliefs of the structural ineffectiveness of the current social paradigm. Many times the core of such disagreements come from the subconscious and are expressed and yet not known why in the concrete sense, but if evaluate it you might find the answers, which are very complex but not impossible. Sorry if I wasn't that clear.

Just a reminder, PMDG conditions say "PMDG provides 7 days of download access after purchase of a product. After this 7 day period, you must purchase Extended Download Service (EDS) from the PMDG Store for each product you wish to re-download. ".

So if you want to reinstall from scratch, verify you got the original file ...

Hi,

So I need to remove T7 liveries installed via PMDG OC completely ? Correct ?? I don't have B737NGX yet or J41.

Is it worth removing liveries you have installed via OC from Goldtextures or ones you have downloaded from Avsim ? 

Thanks

Jason

Just remove everything...if you question it, kill it, and then re-install it afterwards.

In other words:

Is the livery primarily blue, and came from the original RTM installer?

Yes: No Action

No: Kill it

Kyle Rodgers

I'm putting this up tonight so that (hopefully) people read it before the release tomorrow:

1. You need to run the OC before you install the update so that it backs up your livery entries. Run it again after you install and it'll restore them.

2. Updates are being pushed shortly to every 777 livery in the OC - these are required to get the full benefit of the new options and features. Make sure you install all the ones it asks you to.

3. You *MUST* uninstall any PMDG-made NGX or J41 liveries you have installed before you attempt to use the new OC Livery Downloader modules for these products. The old liveries from the website are not compatible with the OC's update process and you will have trouble if they stay there. Many of the liveries have been updated as well and you won't get notifications of those updates with the old website versions installed.

4. Old panel states and saved flights made with the RTM version of the airplane are *NOT* compatible with SP1. Delete them all - there are new panel states included that you can use to make your own new ones.

5. If you want to do a clean install, you can, but it is not necessary at all. Here is the procedure though if you'd like to start over totally fresh:

=========

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 777-200LR/F, follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall the product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

3. Manually delete the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder.

4. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR and PMDG 777F folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects

- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Manually delete the PMDG_777X_3.ini file in the FSX/GAUGES folder.

6. Reinstall from your RTM installer.

7. Install SP1.

8. Install the 300ER if you choose to purchase it.

6. After you install SP1 - *PLEASE* read the new Introduction and Use manual. We spent a ton of time updating this and explaining the new stuff. There are SP1 and 300ER Supplements near the end of the document and all of the PMDG-written manuals now have a clickable table of contents at the start so that you can more easily find things. If you only read one thing in the manual, go to page 15 - it contains the stuff that we consider to be crucial information.

Thanks everyone and we hope you enjoy the update and 300ER tomorrow!

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the update. I was about to ask this question but you answered in your post for me.

I will be doing a clean install anyway. Just last night I finished FSX re-install. 

One last question though and this might be annoying as hell but anywho ..... is there a "tentative" timeframe tomorrow when it should be released. 

I accept conservative answers as well: "Probably should be released by 11:50 pm EST" lol

Bilal Asif Khan

This is has been quite literally one of the longest days of my life.

Two things

1) How could I agree more?

Normally I don't react to this kind of post...

Well remember Kyle not everybody is the same or grown up in the same culture or country or language for that matter.

This is your personal opinion and I have respect for it, but it doesn't mean the whole world see it at the Kyle perspective ;-)

Every human will react psychological differently and with some understanding for each other... well the world should look so different then...

Hence maybe some will have relatives or friends on that particular flight, so you see Kyle all is relative with tragedy as is your whole life...

Does it mean I agree with the request, no I don't,  but I understand where someone is coming from

We Dutch lost 189 countrymen/women/children and it's one of the biggest aviation accident in our country history besides Tenerife.

So with respect to tragedy we see it through different eyes... (80 children on that flight)

Have fun gentlemen

2) As said above I'm not of the same language... please could someone clarified RTM version meaning?

Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

Kyle,

I'll remove all liveries.

I mean't to add in my first message (The below message)

Will it be ok to re-install the ones I downloaded from Avsim once I've installed SP1 & 300ER ? As they won't have the new features? 

Thanks once again.

Jason Thompson

Hi, everyone,

I plan to back up at least the aircraft.cfg file and ALL of my liveries for both the 77L and the NGX before anything else.  Regarding the 77L, sometimes the OC is wrong about what I have installed.  I think this is because I sometimes manually modify the aircraft.cfg lines that describe the aircraft so that when I load one, I know which version of a certain livery I am loading (PMDG or third party for example).  I also may add the tail number to a descriptive line such as the one giving the specific livery.  Just wanted to mention this in case others have similar situations.

I don't mean to suggest that it would be OK to install the old aircraft.cfg file after installing SP1.  I am referring to saving the livery information at the head of the old file.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

please could someone clarified RTM version meaning?

Release to manufacturing/market   I personally prefer release to market in this digital age.

Will it be ok to re-install the ones I downloaded from Avsim once I've installed SP1 & 300ER ? As they won't have the new features? 

Ohhhh...hmm...I don't think it'll cause an issue when installing after the fact, but I'd wait for the designer to update the livery first just in case.

Kyle Rodgers

If AVSIM is already crashing due to the higher than normal traffic load, I think it will be overload for the coming days. Post while you still can, before the bigger influx of visitors.

I think this is outright ridiculous. AVSIM stability is already really bad on normal days, imagine when a PMDG release takes place...

Henk de Vries

AVSIM stability is already really bad on normal days

Definitely some issues there, but since I do not pay for AVSIM, I do not complain.

spacer.png