Sign in to follow this  
Naseef

What does the R stand for beside STD Altimeter setting? How can i remove it?

The letter shows up beside the altimeter number. Its either L or R. Hoping someone can shed some light on it.

Hello,

I believe it relates to which autopilot or FD is the master. ie, Captn's would show L for left and F/O's would show R for right. I'm sure there is more too it than this and someone will correct me. However off the top of my head this is all I could remember!!

Cheers

Neil

Hi again,

Why would you want to remove it? This is as per the real A/C. So should be there!

Cheers

Neil

The letter shows up beside the altimeter number. Its either L or R. Hoping someone can shed some light on it.

I don't have the manuals to check for you (new office is a little more secure than my last one), but I know what you're talking about, and I know it's a function of the real aircraft, so you wouldn't want to "remove it."

Kyle Rodgers

FCOMv2 pages 10.10.21 and 10.10.22. 

L or R indicates which EFIS control panel is the barometric pressure reference.

Dugald Walker