Sign in to follow this  
ncd200

Engravity 747 CDU

Hello,

I have bought the 747 CDU from Engravity, Now I know that it can be used with the PMDG 744X with the fslabs driver.

I am wondering if it also can be used with the PMDG 777 since there are not a lot of differences in the cdu's.

Also when i buy the driver for the 744, will it also be working with the upcomming 747v2?

Kindly regards,

Rick Winkelman

Hello,

I have bought the 747 CDU from Engravity, Now I know that it can be used with the PMDG 744X with the fslabs driver.

I am wondering if it also can be used with the PMDG 777 since there are not a lot of differences in the cdu's.

Also when i buy the driver for the 744, will it also be working with the upcomming 747v2?

Kindly regards,

Rick Winkelman

Why would you want to use it with the 777? The PMDG 777 CDU is the most accurate CDU available outside the real industry. 

It will only work with the 777 if Engravity use the soon-to-be-released  777 SDK and create a compatible driver.

Something similar would apply with a future release of the 747v2.

I'm waiting on CPFlight getting their hands on the SDK so I can fly with my EFIS/MCP.

The FSLabs driver was created for use on the original PMDG 747, and as far as I know, FSLabs will have no further input

in the development of drivers for PMDG aircraft.

This is good, as at between £60 and £70 a pop, the various FSLabs interface drivers are more expensive than the aircraft,

contain unresolved bugs, and are a bit of a rip-off.

Actually, it's unfair of me to say they're a bit of a rip-off.

They are a rip-off

Why would you want to use it with the 777? The PMDG 777 CDU is the most accurate CDU available outside the real industry. 

Engravity makes hardware CDUs to interface with software CDUs. It's not a replacement.

Engravity makes hardware CDUs to interface with software CDUs. It's not a replacement.

My bad... I shall fall on my sword, forthwith.