Sign in to follow this  
nemokin

Questions before I decide to buy

Hi all,

I have been using PMDG NGX for more than 2 years but without FS2crew. Recently I've become more interested

but I would like to know a few things before I purchase.

I have hardware setup, CP Flight's MCP, EFIS as well as Throttle quadrant with physical flaps and spoilers(non motorized).

Because of this, I would prefer to control autopilot and flaps as captain and not delegate these

duties to copilot. On the other hand, I do now own overhead panel hardware, so it maybe fun to

have the copilot switch in various items on the overhead. Same goes for gear ups and downs.

Is FS2crew customizable to choose which tasks to be done by copilot and which by myself or

will I have to follow to-the-book procedure without ability to customize?

Appreciate comments and advices so I can make a wise decision.

Kay

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Hi Kay,

Autopilot won't be a problem because in FS2Crew you are the PF and the PF is responsible for the autopilot.

FO as the PNF was still control much of the overhead areas that fall under his area of responsibility.

FS2Crew's FO however cannot physically move switches on a physical overhead (obviously), so you'd need to do that yourself anyway.

Same thing with Flaps and Gear.

You may find with flaps and gear that your physically hardware will override FS2Crew's inputs anyway.

Best,

Thank you for your reply.

If my understanding of your comments is correct, my owning the hardwares won't conflict with Fs2crew, right?

A new question if you don't mind.

Having read a quick start guide on the web, it says to open NGX with 2D panel first, then open Fs2Crew

and only after that to open virtual cockpit.

Does this mean that I have to do this whole process every time I fly using FS2Crew or can I save the

previously flown flight (Fs2Crew with VC) and open that for subsequent flights without having to

open in 2D again?

Kay

By the way, I made a typing error in my first post regarding the overhead panel.

I do not own e hardware for the overhead, only the MCP, EFIS, Radios, and Throttle quadrant.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kay

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Hi Kay,

I've never used your specific hardware, so I can't promise anything 100 percent.

You might want to ask around on the general forum as I know many of our users have that same hardware.

We do *not* recommend using saved situation files -and neither does PMDG for that matter.

This is to ensure everything loads properly.

To ensure no hassles, the trike should be the default aircraft on the Free Flight screen.

Then load the PMDG 737 NGX.

It's best to ensure the 2D panel loads by default; there's an option in the FSX menu for this.

After the 2D loads, then press the A key to switch to the VC.

Best,

Thank you!

I suppose I will experiment with Fs2Crew by buying it first.

If all else fails, I will ask around the forums with more specific problems

rather then superficial ones I've asked so far.

Appreciate your help.

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit