Sign in to follow this  
blave

NEWSFLASH - RealAir to Update SF260!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Wow, just noticed this on their site. They are updating the SF260 to Spitfire standards. Thats right, new VC guages, stall buffeting effects and realview! Super super sweet. :)

Guest Dakota

Looking forward to that, from what I hear everyone raving about the Spitfire (I don't currently own it). Hopefully the update will be free to those that already own the SF260.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

That would be nice. However, I'd be more than happy to pay a few bucks for the upgrade. It involves some pretty substantial redesign to get that guage technology into the VC. You really should check the Spitfire out. Its a work of art afaic.

Guest SoarPics

I just tested the Spit with the Service Pack. All works well. The upgrade for the SF.260 will only make one of the all time best sim aircraft even better. Definately looking forward to that release.Greg

Hi Chaps,Thanks for the encouragement. We agonised about the SF260 update. We have spent a long time developing the new version, which will be available in a few days. However the work involved is almost the same as the last free update from the FS2002 to the FS2004 version. We feel we've gone to great lengths to keep the costs down (in fact zero so far), but we feel we have to charge a small amount to update the SF260 to Spitfire cockpit standards, plus the updated RealView.So what we are proposing is a slight price increase for the complete new SF260 and a small charge to existing customers for the update.Please remember this major update is not a patch, but a significant enhancement to new technology which took a while to develop.We're hoping that our customers will appreciate this.We will be announcing the update release in due course. In the meantime the SF260 is still available with the same quality which won it 5 stars for FS2004 at a very reasonable price, and of course those customers can update, when available, for the modest charge.Kind Regards,Rob and Sean www.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest Zevious Zoquis

IN A FEW DAYS!! Man, this is too good to be true. You da man Rob! (and Sean too, lol) :)The price plan sounds fair to me. I've moved my credit card to the front fold of my wallet. :)

Guest Dakota

I am glad you are allowing those of us who already own it, to upgrade for a small charge seeing that it is basically a new plane. I love the current one and am anxious to see how it can possibly be improved upon by making something perfect more perfect.

>That would be nice. However, I'd be more than happy to pay a>few bucks for the upgrade. It involves some pretty>substantial redesign to get that guage technology into the VC.> I simply refuse to pay more than $50.00 for this upgrade! :D L.Adamson

Guest av84fun

<>It would be arrogant of me to speak for anyone else but a price increase is totally acceptable to me and welcome if it will make this GREAT add-on even better.Just got the Spit update. THANKS for that. It is truly exciting to see such significant strides in this hobby being made RealAir, DreamFleet, World of Power, MAAM and Aeroworx...others as well but you guys ARE the state of the art IMHOBest,Jim

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Just took a little trip in the 260. Man, it is such a nice plane - just so smooth flying and really fun. It's always been one add-on that I got great performance from in terms of system demands - I actually get framerates equal to the defualt 172 in the SF260. Even so, the guages in the VC definitely aren't smooth. They are very good by traditional FS9 VC standards, but with the updated VC, I'm predicting the SF260 will become the defacto standard for GA add-ons in FS9. Those smooth guages (plus the realview and stall buffeting effects) are going to take whats already a classic and move it to a whole new realm of...err...classic-dom. I can't wait. :)

Excellent news thank you Rob.Certainly the most beautiful looking aeroplane in my collection and a gem to fly.Looking forward to the new update although I already get 50-70fps in the VC so who knows what I'll get after the update:pAdamWin XP - ARIA 3200PCPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MB19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96 Audio