Sign in to follow this  
blave

NEWSFLASH - RealAir to Update SF260!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

It's not the overall framerate that will improve (although it might a little), it's the fact that the VC guages will update essentially at whatever framerate you are getting...as opposed to 5 or 6 times per second or whatever a decent standard VC guage updates at...

>It's not the overall framerate that will improve (although it>might a little), it's the fact that the VC guages will update>essentially at whatever framerate you are getting...as opposed>to 5 or 6 times per second or whatever a decent standard VC>guage updates at...You'll think you're looking at fluid smooth X-Plane guages, except the RealAir flight model is better! :D L.Adamson

Guest bobsk8

>>It's not the overall framerate that will improve (although>it>>might a little), it's the fact that the VC guages will>update>>essentially at whatever framerate you are getting...as>opposed>>to 5 or 6 times per second or whatever a decent standard VC>>guage updates at...>>You'll think you're looking at fluid smooth X-Plane guages,>except the RealAir flight model is better! :D >>L.AdamsonWhat's X-Plane?

I personally am Groovy with a "small amount" to upgrade this great plane.Maybe I missed this, but - will the 2D cockpit continue to exist in the "new" 260? I use it a lot for IFR practice work.Dave Blevinshttp://fswidgets.com/img/beta_banner.jpg

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest captbulldog 2

Thanks, Real Air. I'm really glad you are doing this. The cost isn't even a concern for this Real Air fan :)

Guest UweR

"...and a small charge to existing customers for the update."Fine with me!

Guest bobsk8

Well all this talk about this plane, and I was on their web site this morning downloading it. You are all correct, this plane is Great!!. Just flew it around some new So Florida scenery I downloaded this morning and the view out of the big windscreen was unreal!!!I did a roll on the way into FLL , 27 R. I bet the tower loved that :). It will take a bit of getting used to , flying from the right seat, but CFI's will find themselves right at home.

Canopy airplanes are my preference in real life also. I just like the view! And BTW, in answering your other question; X-Plane is another sim program thats been around a long time. For some, it's their favorite, but I still prefer MSFS.L.Adamson

Guest bobsk8

>Canopy airplanes are my preference in real life also. I just>like the view! And BTW, in answering your other question;>X-Plane is another sim program thats been around a long time.>For some, it's their favorite, but I still prefer MSFS.>>L.AdamsonI was just kidding about X-Plane. A friend of mine who is a CFII had X-Plane on his PC, and came over to my house about a month ago. Next day he went to Best Buys and bought and installed FS9 on his PC . Couple of days after that, he uninstalled X-Plane to get some more room on his harddrive for FS9 scenery and aircraft. There used to be a advantage to X-Plane many years ago, but I think in the last few years, X-Plane has become pretty obsolete.

Guest aca_dia

I have to agree with that. I have X-Plane as well as FS9, but I hardly use X-plane other than to muck around with silly stuff. In general FS9 works much better for me in terms of using at as an instrument practice platform. I am also a commercial pilot and instructor (though I don

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Good call on getting the 260. But like I said, if you haven't seen the Spitfire VC in action, prepare to have to get your jaw wired shut after you get the update for the SF260. :) It's a real paradigm shifter... :)

That's too good to be true... in a few days?. My favorite plane got the fluidness of the VC of the Spit! Man oh man, flying will be a feast!Thanks RealAir!hm

Guest jason2112

Rob, I'll actually be glad to be able to pay for the upgrade, and that's NO JOKE! Your SF.260 is my favorite plane, simply no downsides. The free major upgrade for FS2004 was all I could ask for. Now I'm really looking forward to these smooth gauges - I have the Spitfire and am amazed from a technological point of view. It's just that the Spit is not reall my cup of tea, so the SF.260 will be the best of both worlds for me.VOlker :]

Guest Simicro

I think it is interesting to mention X-Plane because that simulator reproduces realistically the very smooth motion of instruments and in this regard beats FS...until the advent of the RealAir Spitfire and its new display technology.Volker, I believe you were like me among the early adopters of the SF-260 back in 2002. Do you remember when it was advertised before the release in the former "Avsim commercial developer previews forum" ? It made me open my mouth wide !I am amazed but also happy to see how this aircraft, the best ever made for FS in the general aviation sector IMHO, last over the years and its life expectancy is likely to be extended even more. I will not be surprised to see it live after the next version of FS. Well done RealAir team !

Guest jason2112

To be honest I waited some time before I purchased the SF.260 because at first I really did not like the exterior design of the real world counterpart. Once I decided to get this plane after reading raving reviews I could not unterstand how I could not have liked this beautiful shape before! I saw the SF.260 in real life some time ago, on the ground and in flight, and loved it :)Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]P.S.: Now the plane I personally would love to see created by RealAir Simulations is a Twin Otter, simply the coolest plane ever (okay, Super Cub comes close). But I guess that's just up to Rob's and Sean's preferences ...