Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

Is Vector worth buying

Having already installed various FTX regions i.e.all UK , Pacific Northwest etc (all of which are great), & recently FTX Global, I am now considering whether to invest in FTX Vector. Before deciding, I should very much appreciate comments on the following, by those in the know re Vector.

1. Does Global+Vector make FTX regions redundant. What do regions have extra?

2. As I mostly fly PMDG 737 NGX, is the added low level detail worth the possible elevation problems with my add-on airports such as those by UK2000 & Aerosoft?

3. Is there a list available of the airports that can be restored to their original elevation, so I can check against those installed?

Any assistance to resolve these queries will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

1: No. Regions have mesh, land class, points of interest and upgraded/additional airstrips that you won't get with global/vector. They get more TLC as they're assembled.

2: Vector doesn't change elevations. Mesh products (eg, the 'Pilots' one whose name I can't remember) do that.

3: See 2.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Yesterday I bought Europe OpenLC and today I bought Vector.  Personally I feel that this is a homerun.  I have been flying in Germany, France and Austria.  WOW!  Never have seen Europe so good.  I think it rivals their pay scenery areas.  The main difference is that you get the whole continent.

In the big thread in FSX forum regarding OpenLC, lots of folks have been lambasting Orbx for their prices.  In my opinion, if you try the products and see the difference they make, the price is definately worth it.

OpenLC was something like 12 meg and Vector is something like 3 meg.  So these are big products and took a long time to develop.  Also, when installing the OpenLC, it looks like you get if not hundreds of new texture files, but thousands. 

No the products are not perfect, but they are a pretty darn good improvement.\

Job well done Orbx!

Yesterday I bought Europe OpenLC and today I bought Vector.  Personally I feel that this is a homerun.  I have been flying in Germany, France and Austria.  WOW!  Never have seen Europe so good.  I think it rivals their pay scenery areas.  The main difference is that you get the whole continent.

In the big thread in FSX forum regarding OpenLC, lots of folks have been lambasting Orbx for their prices.  In my opinion, if you try the products and see the difference they make, the price is definately worth it.

OpenLC was something like 12 meg and Vector is something like 3 meg.  So these are big products and took a long time to develop.  Also, when installing the OpenLC, it looks like you get if not hundreds of new texture files, but thousands. 

Job well done Orbx!

+1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Job well done Orbx!

Absolutely agree! In fact Orbx may have shot themselves in the foot with respect to sales of their regional scenery areas by making Open LC EUR so good that it rivals, as you say, their regional scenery areas! There really is very little difference between Open LC areas and regional Orbx areas in terms of overall appearance although the accuracy of the local detail in the scenery areas is better particularly if you know an area well.

Orbx sell their global addons at a very fair price considering the quality although you could argue that the prices of some of the individual airports and small airfields are a bit high and certainly your expenditure would be significant if you bought them all! I try to confine my purchase of Orbx airport to a few specfic areas for that reason. 

Overall I feel that Orbx have done an amazing job and deserve to be congratulated for what they have achieved.

Bill