Sign in to follow this  
1other1

777 for Prepar3d

Does anyone else think it is taking a ridiculously long time for PMDG to make this plane available for P3D? And please don't give me the complex licensing bs. 

Does anyone else think it is taking a ridiculously long time for PMDG to make this plane available for P3D? And please don't give me the complex licensing bs. 

The licensing issue is a complex one.  Your refusal to understand that is no fault of PMDG's.  Understand it, or continue living in ignorance of facts.  Period.  End.

A business must protect its interests of remaining in business by avoiding violating license agreements.  Boeing licensed the data for entertainment use only for FSX.  Moving into P3D requires renegotiating a new license.  This takes time.  The existence of other companies in that realm either suggests that they have no licensing requirement (the case with many scenery developers), looser licensing requirements (they aren't directly using licensed data from the manufacturer), or they're doing it in spite of limitations on their license (which would suggest that it's illegal).

So, you're welcome to try to negotiate your own legal way into P3D with your own company, or you can accept that PMDG would like to ensure the success of theirs by ensuring everything is in compliance before making the move.

Moreover, P3D is not aimed at the casual simmer anyway, so why so many people are in there, or believe it's just a natural extension of the Flight Sim line is beyond me...

Kyle Rodgers

Touchy aren't we... And do yourself a favor clown and try not to judge who you're talking to by one post. And the best thing you've done here is convince me to stay away from your companies products!

Love how some people are so rude and expect now now now and me me me all the time lol

If you feel you can sort out the fees and legal issues any better or quicker start your own company and make planes

Lol numpty

Stewart Cumbers

Touchy aren't we... And do yourself a favor clown and try not to judge who you're talking to by one post. And the best thing you've done here is convince me to stay away from your companies products!

Minus one flamer. 

Win/Win situation on my book. 

I can´t understand why people come to forums and bash, insult and talk trash. What's the point? Ranting? 

Anonymity behind a keyboard doesn't grant you superpowers, dude. Try to go to a physical manufacturer or shop and do this type of flaming. You'll win a nice trip on a black and white car with people wearing uniforms.