Sign in to follow this  
WarDog

Any news/updates about the 200ER?

It looks like the 200ER has been forgotten :( , is there any changes in the plan of making the 200ER as well?

Thanks in advance

I am actually looking forward to the 200ER as well.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Sorry to ask, but why would you want an older shorter range aircraft? Is there significant differences on the model other than the shorter range and lower MTOW?

People generally would like to use the exact airline configs. Very few use the 777-200LR hence the ER is more 'realistic' in a sense for BA, ANZ and other routes. I personally like squeezing performance out of aircraft so I'd buy it ;-)

Sorry to ask, but why would you want an older shorter range aircraft? Is there significant differences on the model other than the shorter range and lower MTOW?

Also has PW4000, GE90 and RR Trent 800. This is what makes me most excited. 

For me it's the better engines  ^_^  And by better, I mean underpowered, noisier and more fuel un-efficient  :rolleyes:

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

There is no evidence the situation with the -200ER has changed, as far as I can tell.

Unless I'm totally mistaken the 777-200ER has different looking wingtips from the 200LR & 300ER, that could be an immersion factor when you are looking at the plane from outside view. 

If PMDG decides to release the 200ER I would gladly buy it, after all it's quite a bit more common than the 200LR. 

Best regards,

Joona L

I find it funny that, just because it doesn't get much forum press, the community thinks it's just been dropped.

I mean, I kinda understand it, based on how other developers talk up their future projects a huge amount, and then they never materialize, but keep in mind the amount of time this developer has been around versus the other overly aggressive startups...

Kyle Rodgers

Unless I'm totally mistaken the 777-200ER has different looking wingtips from the 200LR & 300ER, that could be an immersion factor when you are looking at the plane from outside view.

If PMDG decides to release the 200ER I would gladly buy it, after all it's quite a bit more common than the 200LR.

I agree with this and also want to note that, while there are some RW 200LR flights of 7-9 hours, most often these are flown with 200s or 200ERs, and are more feasible given my time constraints.  It's also interesting to fly ultra long-haul flights, like SFO to Sydney, using the 200ER (a RW UAL flight).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I agree with this and also want to note that, while there are some RW 200LR flights of 7-9 hours, most often these are flown with 200s or 200ERs, and are more feasible given my time constraints.  It's also interesting to fly ultra long-haul flights, like SFO to Sydney, using the 200ER (a RW UAL flight).

Mike

+1

PMDG haven't even released the first service pack and expansion and people are already asking about the 2nd expansion they said was planned long ago. Geez. Give them a break.

Mike

If you want shorter -200 flights then fly freighter routes. I can't think of anything shorter than BOX110/111 EDDP-EGNX-EDDP

I find it funny that, just because it doesn't get much forum press, the community thinks it's just been dropped.

I mean, I kinda understand it, based on how other developers talk up their future projects a huge amount, and then they never materialize, but keep in mind the amount of time this developer has been around versus the other overly aggressive startups...

The same could be said of the promised NGX BBJ's Kyle.

Dave Taylor gb.png

PMDG haven't even released the first service pack and expansion and people are already asking about the 2nd expansion they said was planned long ago. Geez. Give them a break.

Sorry, didn't mean to give the impression I want it next week or even next month.  Right now too excited trying out the 300ER and 200LR update anyway!

If you want shorter -200 flights then fly freighter routes. I can't think of anything shorter than BOX110/111 EDDP-EGNX-EDDP

I have flown some freighter routes but I really like the medium-long pax routes the best, w. an occasional ultra long-haul flight.  The several times I've flown on a 777 were routes between U.S. and Europe.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2