Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

We Are Now In PERFORMANCE MODE

In order to remain responsive to our membership, we have gone into performance mode. This temporarily disables nearly all of the additional features of this system except for the basic forum operations itself. We will bring back online all features when loading reduces and stabilizes.

What exactly happened? Where is severe load coming from?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

What exactly happened? Where is severe load coming from?

I guess it could be related to the release of PMDG's latest product, the 300ER + SP1.

In any case good work, it seems to have speeded up the site quite a bit now. 

I am not getting the 503 service Unavailable message in the UK for an hour at least

I guess it could be related to the release of PMDG's latest product, the 300ER + SP1.

That's exactly the reason. See the front page.

I am not getting the 503 service Unavailable message in the UK for an hour at least

But, it comes at a price. All those nice features that makes it easier for users and newbies are removed and forces you to ferret out information on your own.

The forum menu itself is gone. Not sure if that was intentional.

The forum menu itself is gone. Not sure if that was intentional.

Yes.

Well, I'm happy to read it's only temporary as I was wondering why something good was replaced by this. Never knew the release of a PMDG could slow down site so much... Wish I had that entusiasm.

Is it possible to tweak "performance mode" so that we can at least see the "new content" view?  This site is almost useless when you have to know and/or remember all the important things that you were paying attention to and where they are located on this site.  What a shame that the release of a single product brings the website to its knees.  So, we have to wait until the "storm" settles down(who knows how long) until this site is functional again.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Is it possible to tweak "performance mode" so that we can at least see the "new content" view?  This site is almost useless when you have to know and/or remember all the important things that you were paying attention to and where they are located on this site.  What a shame that the release of a single product brings the website to its knees.  So, we have to wait until the "storm" settles down(who knows how long) until this site is functional again.

I believe Tom has said that new content menu is tied with search function which is disabled.

In order to remain responsive to our membership, we have gone into performance mode. This temporarily disables nearly all of the additional features of this system except for the basic forum operations itself. We will bring back online all features when loading reduces and stabilizes.

.Maybe Avsim needs to do a money drive and upgrade their equipment, I would donate if it made a difference, heck I will donate anyways. Come on guys and gals, empty those coin jars

I believe Tom has said that new content menu is tied with search function which is disabled.

Yeah, I believe I saw that somewhere but hence my question still.  Is there any way to not tie that to the search function?  Maybe technically it is not possible.  But, that's why I'm asking.  To find out.  Without the new content function, as I said, this site is almost useless.  Unless of course, you are interested in PMDG's latest offering.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yeah, I believe I saw that somewhere but hence my question still.  Is there any way to not tie that to the search function?  Maybe technically it is not possible.  But, that's why I'm asking.  To find out.  Without the new content function, as I said, this site is almost useless.  Unless of course, you are interested in PMDG's latest offering.

Of course, if you happen to pay attention where you've posted, then it's a non issue. Or, just look at your Profile, and click on "Latest Posts".

Useless? I think not...  :huh:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Can't we have Performance Mode permanently?

It's nice and responsive ... :P

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen