Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

We Are Now In PERFORMANCE MODE

Of course, if you happen to pay attention where you've posted, then it's a non issue. Or, just look at your Profile, and click on "Latest Posts".

Useless? I think not...  :huh:

That's still nothing near as "user friendly" as what it does in non-peroformance mode.  This somewhat helps pay attention to your own topics(still not as nice as the normal view though) but, you still can't keep up very easily on the latest posts and info that you normally can unless you want to manually drill down into each forum topic individually and take a peek at the latest posts.

My original post wasn't meant to be an attack or anything so I hope it's not being taken that way.  It was more a question of is it possible to at least enable "new content" as I think, at least from what I can see, that's the best/easiest way to keep up on latest topics being discussed.  This is my main way of staying up to date on things going on in FS.  Now, since PMDG's release, that's the last thing I know happened.  There could be another great product released or other valuable information shared that I will not see until this "storm" has died around the -300.  So, to me, that's an invaluable feature to lose on this site, no matter what is going on with performance.  Without that, the site might as well be down altogether.

Note:  Again, I'm not trying to attack so hopefully this doesn't come across that way.  Just voicing my opinion and hoping to find a way to still make use of the site when things like this happen.  Also, I love PMDG and own the -200 and will eventually buy the -300.  So, no offense there either.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

"Latest Posts"? I don't see that button anywhere.

Click Profile at the top of the Page next to your Username, then look at the left side for the button that says "Posts". (Sorry... I added a word there.)

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Can't we have Performance Mode permanently?

It's nice and responsive ... :P

+10

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Click Profile at the top of the Page next to your Username, then look at the left side for the button that says "Posts". (Sorry... I added a word there.)

You're right, this does show where you last posted, but it doesn't show which threads were updated.

Honestly, I can barely see any difference in responsiveness and I even got a few 503 errors while in performance mode (the only time it wasn't on was in the early morning for me). I'm sure all those asking for the mode to become permanent would dislike it if they needed to make a search. If not eliminating it, at least reduce the threshold of the online users at which the performance mode activates because the forum has been cut-down for me all day except in the early morning (same case yesterday as well).

Is this a permanent solution to severe load or is a server upgrade planned?

You're right, this does show where you last posted, but it doesn't show which threads were updated.

Honestly, I can barely see any difference in responsiveness and I even got a few 503 errors while in performance mode (the only time it wasn't on was in the early morning for me). I'm sure all those asking for the mode to become permanent would dislike it if they needed to make a search. If not eliminating it, at least reduce the threshold of the online users at which the performance mode activates because the forum has been cut-down for me all day except in the early morning (same case yesterday as well).

Is this a permanent solution to severe load or is a server upgrade planned?

Performing a search is really not a big deal.....at least on my end. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Well, forum does work much faster but then again, I miss new content menu. If this is solution for 503, no problem. :smile:

Performance Mode looses too many great features. A little surprised that a single product release would cause this kind of performance problems. Hope we can get back to normal soon.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD