Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

aeroflyFS 2.0: Global scenery & new flight physics

It's great to see so much interest in aeroflyFS 2.0! I feel that this is a platform that needs lots of support from the community.

And going to cover the whole World, as suggested in this thread:

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6666-New-version-or-new-update?p=29800#post29800

this might bring players like PMDG to the platform, since they require full World coverage to become interested in any simulation platform...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And going to cover the whole World, as suggested in this thread:

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6666-New-version-or-new-update?p=29800#post29800

this might bring players like PMDG to the platform, since they require full World coverage to become interested in any simulation platform...

In my opinion, I'd much rather if they worked on a smaller area (the entire Europe would be pretty good) but made sure that it looks good and doesn't have baked shadows. Creating the entire world is a big task, and they might not have the resources to remove the baked shadows which will result in a fixed time of day once again.

Since a dynamic time of day is in their goals, there's a high chance aeroflyFS 2.0 will feature it, but I'm wondering if they have the resources to do it while tackling global scenery.

Whatever fans of Prepar, FSX and Xplane say about AeroflyFS, one is for sure: Aerofly FS is the simulator with highest FPSes In the WHOLE MFN WORLD !!!

And loads almost instantly.

I love it only because of that.

Hope they will add AI traffic as well. Now it looks like post apocalyptic ghost World. Maybe they have some zombies in some hidden airport, but still need to find them :)

I just checked their Facebook page and it seems more information about aeroflyFS 2.0 was added. Along with the global scenery, dynamic time of day and ILS navigation were confirmed.

And here's a picture with a glider:

10363583_678831165543131_405272919380673

Can't wait for this one. I'm a PMDG(FSX)/Flight Factor(XP) level simmer, and I still enjoy Aerofly FS for those times when I want to fly VFR. Much better than FSX/XP for VFR, and I use ASN and the A2A Cessna. I know people will disagree, but I just stated my own opinion. I also hope that we'll be able to fly PMDG level aircraft in Aerofly FS one day. When that happens it will blow P3D/FSX/XP out of the park. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Can't wait for this one. I'm a PMDG(FSX)/Flight Factor(XP) level simmer, and I still enjoy Aerofly FS for those times when I want to fly VFR. Much better than FSX/XP for VFR, and I use ASN and the A2A Cessna. I know people will disagree, but I just stated my own opinion. I also hope that we'll be able to fly PMDG level aircraft in Aerofly FS one day. When that happens it will blow P3D/FSX/XP out of the park. 

Since they're adding jets in aeroflyFS 2.0 and it is in their plans to open up for third-party developers, this could very much happen if PMDG decide to support aeroflyFS (which I doubt though).

ChaoticBeauty, it's not impossible, since when I suggested starting support on the DCS platform, RR replied saying that they will only support platforms with World coverage - well, here is one!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

ChaoticBeauty, it's not impossible, since when I suggested starting support on the DCS platform, RR replied saying that they will only support platforms with World coverage - well, here is one!

But the platform has also got to be popular so that add-on sales will be enough to make the investment of creating a product for that platform worth it. Hopefully aeroflyFS 2.0 will get support from the community, it deserves it.

... well sounds very interesting!

Although i enjoyed flying around in Aerofly from time to time, i did not - yet - recognized and/or used it as a serious alternative for my FSX/XPlane set ups, but - i like it for what it offers, hence i am really hoping a lot that Aerofly 2.0 will raise the bar further and become even more attractive for even more flightsimmers.

Thanks a lot for mentioning this great news here - i am certainly going to keep an eye on it!

In the forums it was confirmed that almost all aircraft in the iOS version will be present in aeroflyFS 2.0, and that these aircraft are being remodelled and enhanced with working navigation instruments as well.

Does anyone have the iOS version so we can know what aircraft we can be looking forward to?