Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Activation problem B77W

Cant connect to the server to activate the 777-300 ? Anyone else have problems ?

Tried several times over the past 40 minutes and no joy ?

Not seeing this with others, please post in the 777 forum if persist.

I bet its a firewall issue, whats the program called that connects to the net for verification ?

Gary-

Check to make certain you have access to port 8888.  This is the most common problem that causes what you describe.

If you continue to have a problem, open a ticket and one of us will help you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ticket opened, Ryan responded, I have ports 80 & 8888 open and have checked this with a port forward network utility, its still not working ?

Awaiting further response from the support team.

Ticket opened, Ryan responded, I have ports 80 & 8888 open and have checked this with a port forward network utility, its still not working ?

Awaiting further response from the support team.

I had an activation error after installing the update (Can't remember the error message, but it was wanting to re-activate). In anycase I uninstalled the 777 and reinstalled the RTM and then SP1 and the activation error disappeared (it didnt try to re-activate, I'm guessing SP1 knew I was already activated).

Maybe your issue is not related, but possibly try uninstalling RTM and then reinstalling RTM and SP1 like I did. Think somewhere along the line I also did a reboot which might also help with your network issues?

SP1 is great, thanks PMDG!

edit: I'm talking about the 777-200,  I've not purchased the 777-300 yet.

Matthew S

RTM and SP1 are fine, its the 300ER part that wont activate ?

RTM and SP1 are fine, its the 300ER part that wont activate ?

Didn't realise you were talking about 300ER, for me I had issue with SP1 for the 200, so did uninstall of RTM and then reinstall of RTM/SP1 & reboot, and then no issues for me with the 200. I don't have the 300 yet.

Matthew S

Ive opened up this port and checked its open and it is open, still no good ;o(

For the record, just connected hotspot through the 3G mobile network on my O2 iPhone 5 and still a no go ... draining the life out of me now !

Edit : Also just changed out my Netgear router for my old Belkin, configured the ports and this don't work either ;o(

Ok, solved ...

I ended up reinstalling a fresh version of windows, ditching everything back to factory default.

First thing I done was to install FSX and the 777 setup before anything else. This resulted in a successful activation ...

So, now for the painful process of putting everything else back onto my computer.

Thanks Ryan and RSR for your help.