Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

PMDG or FSX Incompatibility Issues with Latest Nvidia Driver 337.88?

I started to have problems yesterday when the driver started to fail while using FSX with REX, FTX, PMDG, and UTX. I thought it was an incompatibility issue between UTX and FTX after I got the blue screen of death a couple of hours later after I restarted FSX (it also failed the first time) so I uninstalled FSX with everything it had and reinstalled it without UTX, however it also crashed along with the driver even thou it was running very smooth, everthing over 35fps stable, I was satisfied with performance, and the cpu usage was pretty low. So I noticed I didn't have the Asus tweaking software that updated the vbios, which I instantly tought was the cause, so I installed and updated the vbios. It did't crashed until today when I started the pc from a sleeping state, no blue screen so far thou but I don't doubt it could happen.

I have a gigabyte z87x-d3h mobo with an i5 4670k auto-overclocked to 4.00 by the gigabyte software (which by the way also needed an update that I made yesterday so this is probably not the problem, however it could be an incompatibility between the graphics card and the mobo?), 8gb of generic ram, and an evga 750w power supply, and a 100hi cpu cooler. I guess thats about it, I don't know what else to add.

Sounds like an OC MB settings issue.  If your OC config is not rock solid, this FSX combo will cause issues.

I started to have problems yesterday when the driver started to fail while using FSX with REX, FTX, PMDG, and UTX. I thought it was an incompatibility issue between UTX and FTX after I got the blue screen of death a couple of hours later after I restarted FSX (it also failed the first time) so I uninstalled FSX with everything it had and reinstalled it without UTX, however it also crashed along with the driver even thou it was running very smooth, everthing over 35fps stable, I was satisfied with performance, and the cpu usage was pretty low. So I noticed I didn't have the Asus tweaking software that updated the vbios, which I instantly tought was the cause, so I installed and updated the vbios. It did't crashed until today when I started the pc from a sleeping state, no blue screen so far thou but I don't doubt it could happen.

I have a gigabyte z87x-d3h mobo with an i5 4670k auto-overclocked to 4.00 by the gigabyte software (which by the way also needed an update that I made yesterday so this is probably not the problem, however it could be an incompatibility between the graphics card and the mobo?), 8gb of generic ram, and an evga 750w power supply, and a 100hi cpu cooler. I guess thats about it, I don't know what else to add.

Sorry, but this is the third time you have posted this issue, and it has been answered in the PMDG General forum already. Not sure what we can say to convince you that you have a hardware issue, OC as mentioned above. BSOD points to that. Hope you understand.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sorry, but this is the third time you have posted this issue, and it has been answered in the PMDG General forum already. Not sure what we can say to convince you that you have a hardware issue, OC as mentioned above. BSOD points to that. Hope you understand.

I don't know what are you talking about, I have never posted anything even remotely similar, could you point me to such posts?

Sounds like an OC MB settings issue.  If your OC config is not rock solid, this FSX combo will cause issues.

But CPU usage is about 75% average. I know I shouldn't use auto-overclocking software but I have tried doing it manually and the blue screen also appears .......

Make sure your PCI-E settings are NOT Over Clocked. Some people suggest a setting of 101, leave it 100 for stability.

Read this as well...

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389688/geforce-drivers/nvidia-statement-on-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/

Is this the settings for the Asus gpu tweak software? They are all default, which is gpu boost 1111, max gpu voltage of 1200, memory clock 7010, power target 100, and gpu temp target 79c

I don't know what are you talking about, I have never posted anything even remotely similar, could you point me to such posts?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446554-serious-display-driver-failuresneed-help-pmdg-please-read/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Issue has nothing to do with CPU utilization.  There is a lot more to OC than CPU and memory.  You have another timing issue happening.  Set everything to default on the MB, run FSX and if it works than its definitely an OC issue.

But CPU usage is about 75% average. I know I shouldn't use auto-overclocking software but I have tried doing it manually and the blue screen also appears .......

Is this the settings for the Asus gpu tweak software? They are all default, which is gpu boost 1111, max gpu voltage of 1200, memory clock 7010, power target 100, and gpu temp target 79c

Please read the thread over at Nvidia that I posted first. It has a list of possible reason why you could be getting these errors.

And I might suggest that if you are having stability issues to remove any "tweak" or over clocking software and run default clock settings to get a stable platform.

Oh wow you are so right, I am probably working too hard lately and too little sleep. Sorry about that, you where right. However still there is no evidence of hardware failure, incompatibilities, or faults

Issue has nothing to do with CPU utilization.  There is a lot more to OC than CPU and memory.  You have another timing issue happening.  Set everything to default on the MB, run FSX and if it works than its definitely an OC issue.

But I probably wouldn't be able to run fsx as good without auto-overclocking ...... One question, if one changes just the cpu clock multiplier manually and instantly get a blue screen after applying, does this point to hardware problems? I also heard that every overclocking software applied a max voltage that was too high and not good, that it would make the cpu fail faster, and I did notice this by the voltage indicators, but my build is only six months old, could it really be related? Temps are mostly below 60c when running fsx right now

Althou something interesting, the gigabyte menu stops working everytime this driver failure happens so maybe you are right. 

Unfortunately this is not the right place to discuss OC techniques and instructions.  It is not a matter of just setting parameters on the mother board.  There is a process you must go through to setup correctly.  Try the hardware forums or do a search for OC instructions for your Mombo and CPU combo.

Do you get a Stop BSOD (x000000124)? Which is a hardware issue, most likely not enough vcore. Also check your event viewer for a WHEA-logger event id. Also points to not enough voltage. However; these overclocking software utils tend to over compensate voltage so that may not be it. What are your temps under load? Also try turning off C1E support.

Until you get BSOD code that's all I can say.

Do you get a Stop BSOD (x000000124)? Which is a hardware issue, most likely not enough vcore. Also check your event viewer for a WHEA-logger event id. Also points to not enough voltage. However; these overclocking software utils tend to over compensate voltage so that may not be it. What are your temps under load? Also try turning off C1E support.

Until you get BSOD code that's all I can say.

Temperatures are fine as far as I know for the graphics card but don't know what the temps are when the blue screen happened. As for the BSOD, does that happen when the blue screen error occurs? I really didn't pay much attention to what it said, would this be recorded on the WHEA-logger? How do I search for this? Also, why do you suggest to turn C1E support off? How do I do this?

OK. Forget about the temps. Yes look for the BSOD code when the blue screen occurs. That's where to start. Go to an overclocking forum where you will get lots of help. It's better to discuss this in those places :)

I have been running I7 2700K OC'ed to 4.7GHz with no issues with BSODs,CTDs or Freezes other than OOMs which reducing my UT AI and using Scenery Config Editor to turn off airports not used during the flight at hand didn't solve.

Overclocking is always the first suspect - but if you use Prime95 to stress test during OCing for at leat 12 hours, there isn't anything you can through at your system that it couldn't handle.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png