Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

I hate to ask about removing liverys pre SP1....

But I do not understand fully (I do have a simple mind) as this was never clarified. It says to remove all PMDG liveries (777,NGX,J41 Ect)

What about 3rd party user liveries?

(such as the ones found here in the AVSIM library),

Do they too need to be removed before installing the SP1? And are the 3rd party liveries still useful after installing SP1?

Thanks for the clarification.

Would like to get an official response on this (same goes for the 777, NGX and J41?). Would hate to think that all those 3rd party liveries are trash after this update, and if so what product ones are still good (NGX and J41 for example) and what ones are not.

Would hate to think that all those 3rd party liveries are trash after this update, and if so what product ones are still good (NGX and J41 for example) and what ones are not.

Hehe...you and me both Al!  I just got home so I haven't tested, but I would imagine all 3rd party liveries (including mine) will work just fine in SP1

I know you're waiting for the official response before hitting that "install" button for SP1....I'm too busy at the moment to do that myself, and not sure if I'll do a total uninstall 1st.  I'll let you know later if I get to it before you do.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

But I do not understand fully (I do have a simple mind) as this was never clarified. It says to remove all PMDG liveries (777,NGX,J41 Ect)

What about 3rd party user liveries?

(such as the ones found here in the AVSIM library),

Do they too need to be removed before installing the SP1? And are the 3rd party liveries still useful after installing SP1?

Thanks for the clarification.

I saw Tabs say somewhere that it was not necessary to uninstall 3rd party repaints - only those originally downloaded from PMDG.

FYI - I have re-installed several 3rd party paints (777 and NGX) since updating to SP1 and they work without any issues.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Thank You sirs,

As TABS says in part #2

2. Updates are being pushed shortly to every 777 livery in the OC - these are required to get the full benefit of the new options and features. Make sure you install all the ones it asks you to.

Wasn't sure if the removal/reinstall was needed because of the update to the O/C or if actual paints kits were re-tooled with new features and so on.

You don't have to remove the 777 liveries, just the NGX and J4100.  This is from the note posted earlier by Ryan.

I removed them all, including 3rd party, then installed the update, then the 300ER (If you try to install the 300 first you get an error).   I then used the new OC to directly download and install the removed liveries.  3rd party liveries were still in my PMDG folder and I then reinstalled those.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

For the 777, no where does it say to uninstall the liveries.  It says to run OC, let it back it up, run SP1, then go back to the OC, and restore.  Then run any updates that the livery downloader shows for those liveries you have installed.

The 737 requires you to uninstall all liveries provided by PMDG via their website, and reinstall via the OC... IF you want to use the OC to manage them.

If I'm off, let me know, but that's how I read it.

John

The OC has the updated liveries for the 200. All I did was hit the update button and all was well.

And by the way....the 300 is amazing. Its obviously been optimized and wxr is uber cool.

Ok guys thanks for the clarification. I think I got it now.

Sorry for the confusion.

:BigGrin: