Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Big day for announcements from RealAir

It has been a great day for fans of RealAir's work.I just saw there is a small update for the Spitfire. Based on the Readme, there was very little to fix, but the update is appreciated and shows RealAir's commitment to excellence.Then of course the news that the SF260, one of my favorite FS aircraft, is having it's gauges updated to the Spitfire's standards. Finally, the T-45 Goshawk is being worked on for a fall release. It is to use the new guage technology and RealView as well. I really am looking forward to it as every RealAir release has been excellent.It has been a great afternoon of news!Tony

Guest av84fun

Roger that!. RealAir in general...and especially their method of rendering guages is state-of-the-art. I'm sure others will adopt their methods...or maybe some already have...but in the meantime, the Spit is as good as it gets in flight simulation for that type of aircraft. It is great that the SF260 is getting a bump up too but it is hard to imagine how it could get any better.This is a little OT but for those who find it unusual to fly the SF260 from the right seat (the only option) just keep the runway centerline pointing directly between your legs (no wisecracks please!) and all will rapidly begin to look and feel "normal."Soon, as is true with RW flight instructors, you will fly just as comfortably from the right seat...if not prefer it.Regards,Jim

Guest pollard

Thanks RealAir for a very useful update. That VC's crystal clear now even on a MIP setting of 4 and I no longer have to read the aircraft's heading on the 2D panel. It's all very convenient!Thank You!Ian :-sword Sir John.

Hi all,Ah good, and the racer guages should now be as sharp as the other models. And nice to hear that they are still sharp on lower mip map settings. Thanks for the feeback.Kind Regards,Rob Young www.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest bobsk8

>Hi all,>>Ah good, and the racer guages should now be as sharp as the>other models. And nice to hear that they are still sharp on>lower mip map settings. Thanks for the feeback.>>Kind Regards,>>Rob Young www.realairsimulations.comI purchased your Scout this week for Misty Fjords flying and it is the best flying aircraft in MSFS that I have ever tried. If your other products are up to that level, I will probably buy them all.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

The Scout is real nice. But if you like that one, the Spitfire will blow your mind. And the SF260 isn't far behind the Spit - and might even surpass it once the update is out (in the sense that the SF260 has more "general aviation" appeal as opposed to the warbird sensibility of Spitfire.)

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Yep, they are crisp as can be at mip map 4. BTW Rob, I'm just wondering if the SF260 update will also make the VC fully dynamic by any chance - meaning will the throttle and mixture levers etc be animated? No biggie really, just curious...

Just to get in the mood for some Spitfire flying, I've just been watching the movie "Battle of Britain" on DVD. A whole lot of excellent Spitfire & Hurricane flight footage in this film, since it was made in the days when more aircraft of this type were available, and doesn't rely on computer effects.L.Adamson

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Fair enough. thanks Rob.

Thanks Zevious, for your sustained and keen support of the work we do. It is very much appreciated, as is the support from all our satisfied customers!Kind Regards,Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest bobsk8

>The Scout is real nice. But if you like that one, the>Spitfire will blow your mind. And the SF260 isn't far behind>the Spit - and might even surpass it once the update is out>(in the sense that the SF260 has more "general aviation">appeal as opposed to the warbird sensibility of Spitfire.)>> Ah, so you are the one responsible for making me think about buying the SF260....... Got it today.. all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! :)