Sign in to follow this  
heightsmite

NGX update?

Doesn't appear to be available yet; any idea when?

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Please use the search .This horse has already been beaten to death...

Please use the search .This horse has already been beaten to death...

Why do you think I posted here?

Another self-righteous forum cop.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

FYI the latest thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/445889-ngx-sp2/#entry3024628

Nobody knows when and there have been two threads staarted today asking the same question..I am sure you would agree that you dont wanna see 10 separate threads asking the same question in a day when these topics have been discussed and nobody knows is the answer..And thank you for your kind words :)

Pankaj

Another self-righteous forum cop.

It was a valid point, regardless of whether or not you found it helpful.  Additionally, the whole "forum cop" moniker is really getting old.  It's about as useful (and mature) as the "I know you are, but what am I?" response.

PMDG gives information when they want to give information.  If it's not a sticky item, then there's no info on it.

Kyle Rodgers

Off course the NGX Update is not ready yet they have been working on the 300ER and just released it.  PMDG will get around to it when they are ready!!!!

Jason Richards

The forum has been in terrible shape, especially yesterday and today.  Any of my attempts to use the search function yesterday failed (service unavailable), hence my post.

Since Tabs posted instructions for the update which included references to deleting older NGX paints, I was no longer sure if there was in fact going to be an NGX release at the same time as the 777 Sp1,

Sorry my maturity didn't measure up for you Kyle.  

Dave Skuback - KBLM

I believe way back in one of Robert's posts (don't quote me) he mentioned that once the 777 200/300 stuff was finished, they would take that technology and apply it to the NGX some time later.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm sure that the new SP1 additions in the 777 are new idea's that they would like to incorporate into the NGX, however even though they have been beta tested, they still might serve up bugs. PMDG cannot possibly test for every eventuality on every systems. Even when the 777 was released, bugs crept through so I am sure they will be sitting back and seeing if anything needs to be changes. Once this is done and they are 100% everything works to PMDG standard, then no doubt they will look at installing them in the NGX, that is if they are not too busy with other projects. Then if they do, it will be months of testing, tweaking, testing, more tweaking and so on. I know that they already know how to do it, but they said that with the 777 after the NGX and look how long that took to code, not a small undertaking.

I very much doubt that any update will be this year, but that is just my opinion as I don't have the pleasure of working with PMDG.

P.S. I am not part of the Forum police, I am a forum criminal.

Perhaps it won't be an update but a new version (as per the anticipated 747 V2) incorporating all the whistles and bells of the 777

I doubt that we will have a 737 v2 instead of an update. Could you imagine the call to arms then with "I just bought the NGX and now I have to pay again."

Perhaps it won't be an update but a new version (as per the anticipated 747 V2) incorporating all the whistles and bells of the 777

They aren't remaking the NGX. It will be a service pack.

We'll see. Don't forget that the 737 was released 3 years ago and is therefore a relatively old piece of software.

And I can't see that it will make much commercial sense to PMDG to release free of charge an update that has taken a ton of resources to develop.

We'll see. Don't forget that the 737 was released 3 years ago and is therefore a relatively old piece of software.

And I can't see that it will make much commercial sense to PMDG to release free of charge an update that has taken a ton of resources to develop.

It may be three years old, but the idea behind the technology (and why it took so long), was so that they could back-roll the new ideas / streamlined code into it. So come SP2, it will feel fresh and new just like the T7. When the 747V2 comes out, the NGX will probably be 4/5 years old, but will again, be back-dated to incorporate the new code.

I think PMDG made a very wise choice in making all their latest products backwards compatible.

The PMDG 777 is based on the code designed for the NGX, so it may be a few years older but not out of date.

I think it was always the plan with PMDG to use the NGX as a base for the 777 and the 747v2, then update the NGX with new things as they want.