Sign in to follow this  
kamoflarj

Eyefinity FOV fix

I realize this has probably been asked 100 times already. But Is there a way of creating seperate camera views, so that you don't get the fisheye effect when using 3 monitor eyefinity?

P3D has some of this correction built in, with hopes of more correction in the future.  As far as FSX goes, I'll speculate that those as 3DGuru haven't tried to tackle this because it's considered to be an older platform in a relatively small niche.  I know, to us nothing could be further from the truth, but that's accurate in the bigger scheme of things.

I uise three monitors, so I always hope out hope that as technology continues to improve maybe an easier fix will present itself.

Hope this answered your question.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've overcome this problem by playing borderless window and extending FSX only to half of the side monitors. With a black desktop background on 3x24" bezel compensated monitors, the surround view is more than enough for me.

I simply cannot stand the distortion in Eyefinity which starts getting really bad from the middle of the side monitors on to the outer left and right edges.

I've overcome this problem by playing borderless window and extending FSX only to half of the side monitors. With a black desktop background on 3x24" bezel compensated monitors, the surround view is more than enough for me.

I simply cannot stand the distortion in Eyefinity which starts getting really bad from the middle of the side monitors on to the outer left and right edges.

yeah, i can't stand it either. I think I might buy TrackIR to help out, so that there's less distortion.