Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

Job well done Gents for creating a fantastic rendition of the T7!I just installed this masterpiece and dived straight into fsx to test the new Collins weather radar but to my dissapointment it isn't working at all.I own the ASN (updated to the latest build) and the weather depiction on the sim is fine(I even changed to manual mode on ASN and threw some thunderstorms in the sim).I chose all modes on the weather radar and in-between I left it in the current setting to stabilise through an area scan but still nothing.I tried to maximize the gain to get a lot of clutter but still not a green spot.I read every chapter of the manual conserning the weather radar but I couldn't find something there to solve this (I followed all the instructions to the letter).

Any idea how to solve this one bugger?

Thanks in advance

Have the same problem and no idea how to get it working. I bet we overlooked something, but I don't know what, and yes I looked at the new (btw. fantastic) documentation. But maybe not well enough ! :)

My instict tells me it has something to do with the module that ASN injects on FSX.On multitude of occasions the module crashed and ASN had to reinstall it on next FSX bootup.By the way on my original post I forgot to mention that the WXR mode is selected on the EFIS

Just my two cents

Same problem here. I thought maybe there was something we had to with ASN in the documentation but I didn't find anything of a setup. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Mine appears not to function as well.

Tried most of the things you have described as well. I am sure someone will chime in.

Are you sure ASN was actually depicting precipitation at the time?

The radar does not "paint" clouds unless they are producing rain. 

Edit: Sorry, just re-read and saw that your sim was depicting thunderstorms at the time.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

If I go to KMIA, currently raining ( confirmed with ASN map) I get no precip draw. (WXR +4a VAR)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Mine is working fine however I found it easier to operate using the panel in the VC. The 2d pop up makes it hard to see what buttons are in or out.

I also read through fcom volume 2 which details how to operate.

Not working for me either, tried flying through a hurricane to test it out. Is there an on switch i'm missing?

Ok, working now.

What this knucklehead did... I rebooted the box, loaded up ASN..went to VHHH with rain..went into sim

Voila...it works

Not sure if that is going to help a single one, but that is what I did.