Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

Raining at KDAY right now. I just took the 777F for a spin and got returns from the precip. 

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Ok, working now.

What this knucklehead did... I rebooted the box, loaded up ASN..went to VHHH with rain..went into sim

Voila...it works

Not sure if that is going to help a single one, but that is what I did.

I'll give this a try once i land, i didn't restart after installing.

I did restart after installing but still nothing (apart from the "WXR -2A" message on the display)

Everything works very fine here!

Perhaps you want to try this:

KNPA (Pensacola, FL, USA), April 30th 2014, 11:00Z (dawn), ASN historical weather! CBs, TS with microbursts and precipitation all around...

This has been my testing (performance) scenario since the beginning of last May. So today/tonight it showed:

WOW! WXR works great and the performance/framerate of the T7F SP2 SP1 was even better than of the NGX (SP1c)!

Great job PMDG and BIG THX! :wub:

And now straight to the 777-300ER cockpit and do some short hops here and there :rolleyes:

Edited by vr-pilot

The ASN module does not crash when it has to be reinstalled. The reason that it has to be reinstalled is because it needs to be last on the DLL list. It checks this when it starts and if it is not it says it reinstalls it, what it actually does is moves itself to the end. The main cause for this is that you have installed another add-on since ASN was installed or another add-on has changed it. This has been documented quite a few times on the HiFi website.

Are users with the problems using ASN over a network? If you are, you need to make sure that your firewall program is setup on both computers to allow the port number than ASN uses to send out the radar data. Default is 19248.The option is found in 'Settings' then under 'General Options...Radar Data Network Port'

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Mine works fine out of the box.  The thunderstorms startled me for a second.  The uplink weather and performance work too.

Think you need to actually go to an area where there is bad weather, mine was like that but then I found the bad weather :)

fsx%202014-05-15%2011-12-56-192.png

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I took off from KBFI and wondered where the radar was. Not a cloud in the sky. I bet that's the "problem"

Unfortunately, I hadn't the same luck as you guys.After restart still there are no return in the radar despite placing the plane on KMIA (that indeed it is pouring lotta rain and the ASN map confirms it).I have been fiddling with that problem for the last two hours and it is driving me crazy!I tried eliminating all other factors and still nothing

I did finally manage to get some return but for sure it isn't responding to the actual weather.Out of KMIA with gain set to max and towering clouds ahead with much much precipitation and the weather radar is showing just some minor green areas.I am attaching a photo to showcase the situation

precip.png

I haven't seen a single thing on the ND flying through a storm near KMIA, and KATL wxr on automatic, regardless of gain setting. This is really doing my head in...

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png