Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

I've found the solution :)

Check your FSUIPC installation.

Re-instal your version of FSUIPC, then go to your FSX installation folder => Module => delete FSUIPC.ini.

A new one will create when you'll start FSX.

For an active WX Radar, just push AUTO and L/R buttons on Pedestal and WX button above ND.

Enjoy your flight Captains :)

Got it sorted, Thanks Alexis.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

So it was FSUIPC?

Not on my system, tried the fsuipc suggestion, and still don't see any depiction. In addition if I press the test button, it crashes FSX, does anyone else see this?

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Glad you guys sort out the issue. 

I would just add that the radar, sometimes, won't catch very light rain. In this case, try raising the "gain" in the pedestal panel!

-editing-

Duh, now I see I'm late to the train. Sorry, folks. :P  

It hasn't crashed on me.  It's really really nice weather here in Toronto and most of Canada so I had to make ASN populate TXs around me to test it out.  Seems to work!  

Not working here either, tests fine, ASN connection is good.

Set it to hail, snow, rain, nothing on the display.

Reinstalled FSUIPC. Nothing.

Giving up for tonight.

Quite frustrated.

Iordan Koulov

Not working here either, tests fine, ASN connection is good.

Set it to hail, snow, rain, nothing on the display.

Reinstalled FSUIPC. Nothing.

Giving up for tonight.

Quite frustrated.

Iordan Koulov

Reinstalling fsuipc is not the key, you have to remove the fsupic.ini file from the fsx/modules folder

I also do not have wx on my first flight but after I land I will quit fsx and remove the ini file to see if that fixes it.

I did that too, despite the fact I had to reassign all the axis, buttons and everything for all my A/C.

ASN is on a second machine, could that be affecting stuff?

Iordan Koulov

I believe I remember Kyle or Ryan saying having ASN on different computer might/would be an issue.

That is so not what I wanna hear.

If someone who does have it working on a second computer, please post so I can try and figure this out.

Meanwhile, a quick relaxing flight in the NGX is in order for tonight.

Iordan Koulov

Guys,

I said it time and time again well before, mostly in an effort to dispel a few things, and partially to head off people posting "issues" when there's no issue.

Issue #1: Weather radar is not a cloud finder.  There must be precip.  No precip?  No returns.  Don't assume having a weather radar means you're going to see green, yellow, and red all over the place now.

Issue #2: "Networked is better!!!"

It's not.  Unless you're pretty skilled at giving the programs the right permissions, setting up your firewall properly, and so on, it's going to be nothing but problems.

Issues you'll see: Precip/etc from ASN not being sent to the sim (and other odd ASN issues).  If not that, then a terribly slow radar refresh rate.  Both of these can be mitigated (the first by using proper permissions and firewall settings, and the latter by ensuring you have a lot of bandwidth between your net and sim comp).

Issue #3: "Running ASN Networked Makes FSX Better!"

FSX is a highly core-dependent program, regardless of the tweaks out there to try to convince it otherwise.  ASN won't hit your processor hard enough on the FSX core to really make a performance difference.  In my case, performance between ASN and FSX got much better by putting them on the same machine.  Frames were not noticeably impacted.

Kyle Rodgers