Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

Try Ireland, the weather's always bad here ;) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Have placed my self in some bad wx and its not painting a picture on the ND  . Support ticket sent.

If it does not Show up enough you have to gamble with the "gain" a bit. It is set quite low and therefore does not Show too much in the Standard.

Not a matter of wx radar settings. Also dont get a test pattern. Well aware of how radar works.

Im unable to edit my previous post thus reporting back here, it works now, finally!!!

I just followed the steps mentioned above with regard to reinstalling FSUIPC, then removed the .ini file, restarted my pc, fired up ASN then FSX, loaded the Aircraft at DNMM as there's heavy thunderstorms there and it worked :D

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

can someone tell me if i can use the 777-200 profile in pfpx for the 777-300 i want to buy it but its not on the list in pfpx and i don't know how to manually setup the new plane correctly, i downloaded a profile for the 737ngx 700 and 600, the 700 profile worked but the 600 did not, i need a profile for the 737 ngx 600 and the 777-300 for pfpx, any suggestions please or if someone could kindly share there's?

Nevermind had it on auto.

I am using PFPX and have a 777-300ER already there.

hmm is it pmdg, i might have to look, i might have overlooked it, i just looked, i am using 1.15 of pfpx and all i see is the 777-200, the freighter and a couple with fuel tank reserves,hope there is an update for it soon because i bought the 777-300 a few min ago

I'm wondering if I am getting normal returns. 

My weather radar is sort of working. I am getting very "blocky" returns, which I do not think is normal. I have ASN running historical weather for KNPA at 11:00Z on April 30, 2014, just like vr-pilot suggested. I have restarted my system, and deleted the FSUPIC.ini file and let it regenerate when I started FSX. After doing so, this is what I got. 

2014_7_19_9_10_37_49.png

Weather Radar Returns

2014_7_19_9_11_28_832.png

WXR Panel Settings

Capture.png

ASN Settings. 

Links in case attached pictures do not work: 

http://s29.postimg.org/u02edkddz/2014_7_19_9_10_37_49.png

http://s27.postimg.org/tskd8n1sv/2014_7_19_9_11_28_832.png

http://s27.postimg.org/r8fjn1zhb/Capture.png

I am just wondering if these returns are normal for the situation that I am in. The returns look too blocky, and unrealistic, but maybe that is just the way its supposed to be. With heavy thunderstroms, I was expecting to see some yellow, and pink as well. Also, I thought the returns would be rounder and not square. Any help would be appreciated. 

Arzaan Khairulla

That looks a lot like what I'm getting, mine are much bigger squares.

I've posted in the ASN support forum.

Can you guys start a separate topic for the PFPX issue, this one is crowed as is.

Iordan Koulov

How do i change the tilt? seems to be stuck a -2A.

Press the AUTO button and that cycles between auto and manual. It should say a number then M after for manual

I am getting returns, but only yellow and purple during thunderstorms, no green to display precipitation.

I've found the solution :)

Check your FSUIPC installation.

Re-instal your version of FSUIPC, then go to your FSX installation folder => Module => delete FSUIPC.ini.

A new one will create when you'll start FSX.

For an active WX Radar, just push AUTO and L/R buttons on Pedestal and WX button above ND.

Enjoy your flight Captains :)

you are the best dude ! 

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I started this flight just to test the radar weather but I realized this problem so I went into the fog

I scored the occurrence with the arrows, anyone else had this problem when he entered the fog?

dd7256.png

I started this flight just to test the radar weather but I realized this problem so I went into the fog

I scored the occurrence with the arrows, anyone else had this problem when he entered the fog?

dd7256.png

that is caused by using the shader3 mod, no fix