Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

Are you saying you need the latest FSUIPC to run the weather radar?

Paul Gugliotta

For me too doesnt appears the weather radar! Anyone have the resolution? borbaman@msn.com. Thanks

I can confirm that the weather radar was fixed with a re-install of FSUIPC.

Totally delete the FSUIPC folder and reinstall saved the day.

If you re-install FSUIPC, I guess you have to re-establish all your buttons, switches etc in FSUIPC.  I have so many peripherals working perfectly, it'll be a lot of work.  Is the FSUIPC re-install for WX the only solution here?

Paul Gugliotta

My WXR works, but something I've noticed is that whenever I get close to a magenta area, the return slowly becomes smaller until it completely disappears, or turns into a tiny green speck. Has anyone else experienced this?

Aamir Thacker

My WXR works, but something I've noticed is that whenever I get close to a magenta area, the return slowly becomes smaller until it completely disappears, or turns into a tiny green speck. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is probably due to the smaller cone diameter closer to the plane's radome. So the magenta zone disappears out of the radar's view angle if you are slightly below or above the measured turbulence. Mostly you would pass below as the AUTO angle is about to be in the positive numbers when at or below CB/TS altitudes.

Has anyone an other/different solution?

Alright everyone, I finally got the weather radar to work, so I will list out the steps that I took to get it to work for those of you who are still having difficulty. 

1.) I deleted the FSUIPC4.dll file from FSX Installation Folder\Modules 
2.) I installed FSUIPC again. However, I did not apply the 4.929c update, I just stuck with 4.929

3.) I deleted the FSUIPC.ini file. 

4.) I loaded up Active Sky 

5.) I loaded up FSX, went to settings, customize, and went to the weather tab. 

6.) Under cloud detail, I selected "detailed clouds" (I had simple clouds checked before). 

7.) I loaded up the T7, turned on the WXR, and it worked like a charm. 

As mentioned earlier, a great scenario to test the WXR from the ground is KNPA on April 30, 2014 at 11:00Z. 

Happy flying everyone!

Great, do you have to re-assign your buttons, switches controllers when re-installing FSUPIC?

Paul Gugliotta

Great, do you have to re-assign your buttons, switches controllers when re-installing FSUPIC?

If you delete the .ini file yes you do. A new default ini file will be created the next time you fire up FSX!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tried this. Still have NO returns on the ND and no test pattern when testing.

Alright everyone, I finally got the weather radar to work, so I will list out the steps that I took to get it to work for those of you who are still having difficulty. 

1.) I deleted the FSUIPC4.dll file from FSX Installation Folder\Modules 
2.) I installed FSUIPC again. However, I did not apply the 4.929c update, I just stuck with 4.929

3.) I deleted the FSUIPC.ini file. 

4.) I loaded up Active Sky 

5.) I loaded up FSX, went to settings, customize, and went to the weather tab. 

6.) Under cloud detail, I selected "detailed clouds" (I had simple clouds checked before). 

7.) I loaded up the T7, turned on the WXR, and it worked like a charm. 

As mentioned earlier, a great scenario to test the WXR from the ground is KNPA on April 30, 2014 at 11:00Z. 

Happy flying everyone!

Topic not answered or solved for some.

hmm, I also do not show the radar, all of the above descriptions did - did not help

Yes, all the time. Thought it was because radar could not see it as it got closer.... Who knows

Eric 

Plus I have a customized FSUIPC ini file. I am not gonna just delete it because it worked on someones PC somewhere by doing that :) I think it's jumping the gun a bit by saying this has been answered when quite obviously it is not.