Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

Not on my system! No matter what visibility I have flown in including zero visibility, I have not seen this issue. The only thing I can think of, is in addition to the AllowShader30=1 in the fsx.cfg file. I also have the AllowShader20=1 as well. This allows me to use DX10 when I want to, without having to go back to Shader 2.0.

Are you sure your Active sky is Active Sky Next? My ASN install is only122MB. Are you sure you don't mean AS2012? That may need 3.5GB because it includes textures, ASN does not. If it is AS2012, the WXR radar won't work anyway!

If you have both shader lines in then you are not properly using the shader 3 and that is why you do not see that problem.

If you have both shader lines in then you are not properly using the shader 3 and that is why you do not see that problem.

I see no difference in graphics, with AllowShader20=0/or 1. Only that with it set to 0 then I can't switch to DX10 mode, unless I go back to Shader 2. Then I lose the much improved water effects . So it works for me!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I am having the same problem.

A couple months ago I started using the iFly 737, which has a working radar. It worked very good for a couple of weeks. Then it stopped, I thought I was not flying in bad enough wx to get a return.

Now with the T7, about the same thing, I get green squares, and blocks, but no wx returns. [and I did go to places where the weather was very bad.]  I uninstalled/reinstalled, w/ the hot fix, AS Next,

Still not working.   I do think the problem...   is in the AS Next...

Hope someone comes up with a fix. I am out of ideas...

I am from the real world so I know what the wx should look like, and like I said before, it was doing a good job.

Jfriz

Yup, that's the answer for me I found it in the AS forums,, like Martin said above  enable "detailed clouds" in FSX,
I guess mine got unchecked someway.

Now go look for some bad weather!

Jfriz

Great i will try because i can't see any weather radar with ASN intalled.

It will be enaugh delete the file fsupic.ini or you have to delete all and reinstall it?

thank you

not show on the display colorful semicircle in test mode, therefore not visible thunderstorms. Fsuipc - reinstall, I do not know what to do yet

at least for me 

I don't know how I bump into this but PMDG Knowledge base center makes it very clear that if you have FSUIPC and SIMCONNECT both installed in your PC, ASN will have difficulty with weather radar as it cannot send data through two channels.

So I completed deleted FSUIPC from my modules. (All files)

and it works finally :)

PMDG knowledge base : http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a109/weather-radar-troubleshooting

2014_7_22_20_4_34_605.png

at least for me 

I don't know how I bump into this but PMDG Knowledge base center makes it very clear that if you have FSUIPC and SIMCONNECT both installed in your PC, ASN will have difficulty with weather radar as it cannot send data through two channels.

So I completed deleted FSUIPC from my modules. (All files)

and it works finally :)

PMDG knowledge base : http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a109/weather-radar-troubleshooting

That guide recommends certain FSUIPC settings for ASN NOT to send data two ways.

Deleting FSUIPC completely can get users into a LOT of other issues, so I'd follow that article closely.

Deleting FSUIPC completely can get users into a LOT of other issues, so I'd follow that article closely.

...and people always get on my case for my points about reading things from the original source.

I wonder why I'd ever say such evil and nasty things.  Oh, right!  Coding and decoding errors that are bound to happen when people repeat things!

Case in point: the post above (through no fault of his own - it's part of the human condition).

Kyle Rodgers

OK. I thought I would add my bit. The PMDG 777 weather radar does not work with FSUIPC 4.929c. It works with the latest version so if you are following the instructions of deleting FSUIPC and then reinstalling, it could be that you are using the wrong version. Just go and download the new one and try that.

Seems to respond to a change of AUTO button position on pedestal, i.e. regardless of initial state of switch, clicking it turns on the WXR. Worked for me.

Thunderstorms out of VTBS today:

ALT2024-2014-jul-22-001_zps3132d606.jpg

Mine works brilliantly with FSUIPC.  At least at that "test" historical weather in Pensacola.  I haven't had any other precip yet.  

PMDG Update on the WX radar info

http://support.preci...troubleshooting

After reading the PMDG article for users having difficulty with WX radar, I performed 2 of the suggested troubleshooting steps to get it working:

* Set Active Sky Next to Run as Administrator - I'd never read anything about having to do this ever before.

* Updated to the latest version of FSUIPC (4934 - I was on 48xx something). Note: PMDG states FSUIPC is not required for WX radar to work, but they also say that any version other than the current one might prevent WX radar from working.

Not sure which of these fixed my problem (maybe both are required), but it's now working great.

Thanks for the pointer to the PMDG article.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration