Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Problems with time compression 8x

In the video I have auto time compression turned off. I was manually changing the simrate via the alt menu bar. I gradually increased it up to 16x and just let the plane do what it wanted without interfering. I find that with auto time compression turned on as soon as I set the simrate above 4x it automatically changes it back to 4x. I'll try and get a proper recorded video showing things in more detail sometime this weekend.

Paul

I just made a 5 hour flight using auto flight time compression up to 8X and I had no issues whatsoever. It reached 8x whenever the aircraft was stable climbing, cruizing or descending, and reduced to normal rate on each turn, altitude reach or speed/alt MCP input, just as intended. I don't mean there isn't a problem, I'm just here to let you know. 

Gents, please humour us and regardless of calibration, other settings etc open in the lower EICAS the flight controls page and make sure your rudder is centred! Please ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Gents, please humour us and regardless of calibration, other settings etc open in the lower EICAS the flight controls page and make sure your rudder is centred! Please ?

Hi there,

I already did that and my flight controls are dead center and calibrated (via FSUIPC however). I'm only using auto time compression via right clicking on the clock knob, and while the 777 (both LR and 300 with SP1) reduces sim-rate speed to normal in certain situations just like it always did (i. E. turbulence, turns etc.) it then needs to do two or three turns to catch up with the course. I've only tested this with ASNext and still have some more testing to do. 

Only thing I can say for certain that I didn't have this problem prior to SP1, and I haven't made any hardware changes.

Will report more findings later.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I just made a 5 hour flight using auto flight time compression up to 8X and I had no issues whatsoever. It reached 8x whenever the aircraft was stable climbing, cruizing or descending, and reduced to normal rate on each turn, altitude reach or speed/alt MCP input, just as intended. I don't mean there isn't a problem, I'm just here to let you know. 

Glad to hear it is functioning for some, but yes there is an issue.

Not much humour in the situation unfortunately. There's nothing to centre because as I'm testing now there are no controllers connected. Rudder trim is set to 0.00, rudder is perfectly centred until the hard banking begins when the AP tries to correct.

Paul

Rudder centered, joystick calibrated, and no hardware changes. Tested again: Starts banking in a straight heading: i try gradually 2x, then 4x, then 8x. The result is always the same. I wonder if the users that don't have this issue made a clean install, or they apply the update? (like me) Wonder the issue comes from here ?

I only did the update to SP1 as well...no clean install. Just to test it out, reinstalled SP1 once more and still no fix. When using auto-compression, in stable flight, I can get to 8X, but it only holds for 10 seconds. Configs profiles and weather inputs have been checked and 10 seconds at 8X is still the longest it will hold.

Now with Sp1 my auto time compression only can get up to x2 or x4 at all times. Did not have this problem with the PMDG 777x before sp1. Plus funny behaviour like described in this thread.

Now with Sp1 my auto time compression only can get up to x2 or x4 at all times. Did not have this problem with the PMDG 777x before sp1. Plus funny behaviour like described in this thread.

Rudder centered, joystick calibrated, and no hardware changes. Tested again: Starts banking in a straight heading: i try gradually 2x, then 4x, then 8x. The result is always the same. I wonder if the users that don't have this issue made a clean install, or they apply the update? (like me) Wonder the issue comes from here ?

+1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I did a clean install, but that did not change the situation. I also unplugged my joystick to see if there are any changes, but no changes at all.  :(

Can the problem be other pmdg products? like the NGX has anyone tried to install the T7 without the other PMDG products installed and the try to fly 8x timecompression

Same problem for me. 4x is fine 8x is all over the place.

Running ASN GEX UTX.

No problem priour to SP1.

My problem I can't actually switch the Auto Time compression off via right click on the cockpit clock. I have to go in to the FMC Auto Cruise options and reset it there. Having no control problems though