Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Problems with time compression 8x

Having the same issue here, set auto cruise to 8x and it drops back to 2x and that's it (which causes it to chase the line and bank like mad).

i am adding myself to the list. did not notice the issue on my previous two flights with the -300. i was flying a the AAL and ANZ liveries then. now i am flying the VOZ from LAX to Sydney and the auto cruise does not stay at 8x for longer than 10 seconds before dropping back to 1x. then she makes a small course correction and goes up to 8x again. that prob takes around 10-20 seconds. after that repeat procedure ;). i need to limit auto cruise at 4x, that works fine. just takes too long to complete the flight! whopping 14 hour flight still takes at least 4 hours....

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I too will add myself to the list, before SP1, I had absolutely no issues with the increased simulation rate, but with the SP1, I can't go past 4x.

It's not working for me too. In the LR and the ER but thanks Richard Avenido for your work to try to solve this

Did not work for me either unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though, Richard. Looks like the 777 is getting parked until this gets sorted out...

Paul

And the screen freezing issue which I have personally not experienced before SP1. Hope that the new patch will be out by this weekend to resolve this screen freezing and the time acceleration problem.

Regards,

Ronald

Did not work for me either unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though, Richard. Looks like the 777 is getting parked until this gets sorted out...

Paul

I didn't send any support ticket yet in hope the developers see this thread and say something but i'll do that tomorrow. Hope this could be solved

Hi gays i think everybady have same problem i tex to PMDG on facebock and they sey, tey know the problem and they are working on solution.

I Hope to fix it sun.

But i have one mor problem when i makin a flight plan in fmc when i wont to put cost in fmc the fmc friz and i can not do nothing with it i have to restart the fsx.

I was having same problem befor sp1 but just when i was flaying long time and when i was changing 777 for second time,then fmc friz.

But now i start fsx take the -200ER or -300er i have the same problem fmc frizs when i wont to put the cost in. I restart the fsx and same problem hapend.

Have somebady have a solution.

Hi All,

I have this problem to. Time compression up to x4 ok. x8 and x16 inoperable!

No problem before SP1.

Hope for quick fix.

Regards.

Andrew Beard.

I *think* I might be having the same problem. I was flying from Newark to LAX at 8x time compression and the aircraft was unable to stay on course.

Also, for some reason, after I disabled auto-cruise after the problem occurred, the aircraft got stuck in a shallow left turn, but the navigation displays were indicating a steep right turn. I tried switching autopilot heading select mode on but it just kept on turning. As a last ditch effort, I disengaged the autopilot and autothrottle in an attempt to regain control, but the aircraft was completely unresponsive. It did, however, appear to hold a constant bank angle, altitude and speed even with A/P and A/T off.

Same problem here. No problem before SP1, now auto cruise / time compression is only working up to 4x. 8x/16x impossible; the plane starts to make left and right turns after a few seconds.

Got a reply from support this evening, asking me about the weather and wind and turbulence. I reload the saved game with no ASN and weather reset to clear sky, still doing the same S turn, no FSUIPC either. Finger crossed the root of the problem can be found and solved soon. Sounds like the hotfix announced by RSR is not happening yet.

Francis

I did the same yesterday, created a new fsx.cfg with only the PMDG modules as trusted - no difference regardless of the weather settings.

I needed to set time compression back to 1 first and then to 4x to get stabilized again.

Anyone with the issue with a clean FSX install? 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I *think* I might be having the same problem. I was flying from Newark to LAX at 8x time compression and the aircraft was unable to stay on course.

Also, for some reason, after I disabled auto-cruise after the problem occurred, the aircraft got stuck in a shallow left turn, but the navigation displays were indicating a steep right turn. I tried switching autopilot heading select mode on but it just kept on turning. As a last ditch effort, I disengaged the autopilot and autothrottle in an attempt to regain control, but the aircraft was completely unresponsive. It did, however, appear to hold a constant bank angle, altitude and speed even with A/P and A/T off.

Yes, that's it alright 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

How do I limit it to 4x as max? I usually don't do more than 8x anyway...and I would like to avoid greater than 4x. Is there a setting somewhere where I can limit it to 4x? When I try setting it using the FMC and they I try to cycle it through, I am unable to avoid the 8x and 16X... 

any ideas?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter